Security Installer Community

Dualtech interfere with wireless networks?

Guest AirCooledHeaven

Guest AirCooledHeaven

Hi

I'm about to upgrade my old alarm system and the first step is to change all my ancient PIRs. I'm planning to use dualtech pet immune sensors for maximum false alarm immunity and to accommodate my three cats.

I also have a wireless network installed in my house which operates in the 2.4GHz band. I understand most dualtech detectors operate at 2.45GHz.

Does anyone have any experience of interference between wireless networks and dualtech detectors?

Thanks

No experience with wireless networks, but watch the pet sensors with cats as most brands see normally above approx one metre. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Hi

I'm about to upgrade my old alarm system and the first step is to change all my ancient PIRs. I'm planning to use dualtech pet immune sensors for maximum false alarm immunity and to accommodate my three cats.

I also have a wireless network installed in my house which operates in the 2.4GHz band. I understand most dualtech detectors operate at 2.45GHz.

Does anyone have any experience of interference between wireless networks and dualtech detectors?

Thanks

69904[/snapback]

I cant say ive ever heard of such a problem but your correct in stating Dualtech M/W operates at 2.45Ghz. Knowing the industry i would have thought if there was any conflicts then we would all be well aware by now as neither set ups are that new so that there hasnt been any problems found, yet!

Realistically though the people who should know would be the manufactures and i suggest you email your prospective chosen D/T manufacture regarding your question. If you do, please let us know what reply you receive.

Guest AirCooledHeaven
I cant say ive ever heard of such a problem but your correct in stating Dualtech M/W operates at 2.45Ghz. Knowing the industry i would have thought if there was any conflicts then we would all be well aware by now as neither set ups are that new so that there hasnt been any problems found, yet!

Realistically though the people who should know would be the manufactures and i suggest you email your prospective chosen D/T manufacture regarding your question. If you do, please let us know what reply you receive.

69965[/snapback]

Thanks for replying. As a diy installer my choice of detectors is somewhat limited, based on availability and acceptable aesthetics I'm looking at the Visonic Discovery Duo K9-85 or the Texecom Mirage DT Petwise. I've emailed both companies, if I get a reply I'll post here.

I have used both of the detectors you mention,

One of them is garbage and the other hates cats :yes:

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest AirCooledHeaven

69983[/snapback]

Hmmm, so what would you recommend? I have access to a Gardiner trade counter, that's it...

Guest AirCooledHeaven

69983[/snapback]

Ok, so given you HAD to use the Discovery Duo K9 or the Mirage DT PW, which would you choose????

Archived