Security Installer Community

Intellisense vs texecom

Guest gary

Guided by a local alarm retailer,I hastily bought an intellisense 800L from them due to some local attempted breakins.

It had the panel, 4 pirs, 2 bells,2 door contacts ,cable, clips etc.

Now I paid just over £200 pound for the system and I known I could have got it cheaper since stumbling across this website and some linked wholesalers.

Now the price is not such an issue as the engineer in the shop did give some good advice regarding connecting up etc,which i might have struggled with,but going back to the subject would i of been a lot better with say a texecom(which it seems i could get for roughly the same price on the internet) or is the intellisense a reasonable DIY option.

thanks in advance

Gary

In terms of it protecting your property what you have got is fine I wouldnt worry we have about 100 of these panels out there. In terms of turning them on and off which is all a user will need to do they are adequate. With the older ones trying to get them into engineer is a bit of a pain.

Trade Member

In terms of it protecting your property what you have got is fine I wouldnt worry we have about 100 of these panels out there. In terms of turning them on and off which is all a user will need to do they are adequate.  With the older ones trying to get them into engineer is a bit of a pain.

69877[/snapback]

So certainly not rip it out and start again,that would be comforting to know. :console:

Thanks

So certainly not rip it out and start again

69920[/snapback]

No, I've got a few of these that I've inherited and once they're in they work fine. For a basic domestic panel they're fine, they do the same job as any other to a certain extent, i.e. set\unset, detect intruders.

Archived