Security Installer Community

Speech dialler cables outside

Guest gary

I want to add a speech dialler to a intellisense 800L which I have recently installed.

In an ideal world I would run the cable from the downstairs hall sraight up the outside wall into the loft through a conduit(preferbly plastic) which would be partially hidden as it would be up a sideway next to a drain pipe.

How far do your "average" burglars go into a full recon,or is it a "quick their out" situation.

I wouldn't say it was impossible to run it inside but just a complete nightmare.

Not be an alarm engineer I didn't know the complications if they got to the cable.

Just to add yet more background I live in a resedential,three bed semi detached street so I don't think I would get you "Mission impossible"stylie cat burglars.

Sorry about the long post but any advice would be appreciated.

Gary

paul

I can disable the alarm from the key pad inside,but I wouldn't of thought from the speech dialler cable ,but I do get your drift.

Any chance of popping over any lifting some laminate floor and floor boards for us ;D

paul

I can disable the alarm from the key pad inside,but I wouldn't of thought from the speech dialler cable ,but I do get your drift.

Any chance of popping over any lifting some laminate floor and floor boards for us ;D

69178[/snapback]

What! Eh! I was a bit confused by your reply!!.

As far as a route is concerned, stand back and look at the job like a competition where the winner gets a million quid dont think "direct" route think "any" route------Bet you find a way!!!!!! :hmm:

Paul.

dpaengineer

Its the cable from the speech dialler to the panel.

The telephone socket is safely inside where the speech dialler will be.

But as in a lot of cases the main telephone incoming line runs down the outside anyway,so some might say why worry about tne speech dialler cable.

I just wondered if there was anyway of maybe disabling the alarm from this cable but I would imagine that impossile? :hmm:

thanks

What! Eh! I was a bit confused by your reply!!.

As far as a route is concerned, stand back and look at the job like a competition where the winner gets a million quid dont think "direct" route think "any" route------Bet you find a way!!!!!!

Sorry paul,

I thought you was asking if I could disable the alarm.

And the second was a joke as an alternative route would involve a nightmare with laminate floor et,etc.....some challenge.

Its your house and your alarm, you can do what you like!

A professional installer would'nt even think about doing this because it goes against all the standards that we have been taught and work to. In many cases it could lead to pretty serious trouble for a professional installer.

I wont even go into the reasons why you shouldnt do it from a security point of view, but as ive said its your house do what you want or think about it and do it properly.

run the cable from the downstairs hall sraight up the outside wall into the loft
NO, not being funny but if your gonna do this yourself please do it correctly.
Not be an alarm engineer I didn't know the complications if they got to the cable
Imagine the worst..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived