Security Installer Community

Hey there.

Guest MSI New York

Welcome, you may want to consider applying for trade membership as you clearly have a lot of knowledge to share!

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Welcome Ari,

stick around mate,

dont let any of our good old fashioned British sarcasm put you off, we all extract the urine out of each other

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Howdy,

Was reading the Miami Herald a couple of weeks back, says the New York subway is being fitted with new security systems and cctv, are you anything to do with that?

Stealth

Chubb Service Engineer

Guest MSI New York
Howdy,

Was reading the Miami Herald a couple of weeks back, says the New York subway is being fitted with new security systems and cctv, are you anything to do with that?

Stealth

68927[/snapback]

Hah. I wish. Unfortunatly we didn't "juice" anyone quick enough, and therefore it goes to Honeywell.

We have hopes of being sub-subcontractors. And, this being a government job, there is plenty of "gravy" to go around.

What we do when bidding on government jobs: put together a proposal that any sane adult wouldn't reject out of hand.

Triple the price.

Submit your bid.

Do the job. Or not. Whatever.

Submit cost overruns.

Finish the job, eventualy, when you have the time.

Submit a final invoice for 160% of your original bid.

Wait three months to collect your money (for some reason, all government jobs pay out on a three-six-nine schedule- they pay in thirds every three months. However, the very first payment is equal to full price had this been a private sector job, remember?).

Put photos of the job in your brochures with a made-up quote from the highest ranking government official who could theoreticaly be connected to you job (for example, if you change a BNC connector on a camera in a school, fake a gushing letter from Secretary of Education Margarat Spelling).

Laugh all the way to the bank. Like this: ha ha ha! Stupid government!

So, we will probably end up (hope, hope) subbing for a sub, and chaging that sub triple our normal price. Goodness knows what the government is actually paying.

We are getting some DHS money coming our way soon. A local congressman (to remain nameless) wants to be Mayor one of these days, and was handing out favors like a drunken sailor with terminal cancer on shore leave. Wink, wink, et cetera.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. You do know how to make a poor colonial feel welcome.

Hi & welcome to the forums :)

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived