Security Installer Community

Installing a Tate RKP to Eurosec CP control panel

Guest drmarkreid

Guest drmarkreid

Hi I recently bought a eurosec CP8 control panel and an additional rkp (Tate fire and security) both from screwfix. I have the panel working correctly with the eurosec rkp but I can't get the Tate one to connect properly.

The CP8 expects 12V, 0V D1 and D2, however the Tate RKP has +, -, C, D and then 2 tamper terminals. I have tried connecting the + and - supply to the Aux 12V output of the panel and then various configurations for the D1, D2 to C and D terminals. Any pointers gratefully received.

What is a Tate Fire and Security keypad? They are a reseller of equipment. Is the 2nd keypad you have bought not exactly the same as the one that came in the Eurosec box? It should be!

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Just to add, if the keypad is not a Eurosec then it will not work period. Keypads are designed specifically for their corresponding panels and do not work with other brands.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived