Security Installer Community

query on building work

Guest jimfrenchy

Another vote for the bellman method. ;)

Also, if you put the panel into enginners mode it won't disable the bellboxes tamper circuit so it will still sound when you take the lid off. You'd be better off powering down the panel, doing the neccesary in the panel then powering back up and puting up with the siren sounding for 5 minutes.

Guest roonster
Also, if you put the panel into enginners mode it won't disable the bellboxes tamper circuit so it will still sound when you take the lid off. You'd be better off powering down the panel, doing the neccesary in the panel then powering back up and puting up with the siren sounding for 5 minutes.

66758[/snapback]

Even if you have a texecom oddessy with unique engineers hold off mode?

would going into engineers mode and making the zone Not Used stop it going off if its chopped?

66755[/snapback]

If the builders slice thru the cable it will blow fuses and could cause further problems. also unterminated cables will work like aerials and inject electrical interference into the panel. ALWAYS disconnect at panel end. :yes:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Even if you have a texecom oddessy with unique engineers hold off mode?

66760[/snapback]

yes you could use that but the chap has a flashguard.

A couple of years ago I installed in my house a Scantronic 9448+ Style, nothing fancy, a control panel, 6 zones and external bell box Flashguard to mid terrace victorian house. Have had no problems with it.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest jimfrenchy

Ok thanks for all those responses, I go with what Bellman says. But are you all really saying that despite me having user code, access code and programming code that there is no way that I can work on the control panel without setting off the external alarm? :(

Archived