Security Installer Community

Menvier ts700

Guest Lorraine

Guest Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

In my house I currently have a Menvier TS700 alarm system for which I have the user code but no engineer code. I do have the installation manual for it so I know how to put it back to factory settings.

But I am just a bit daunted by killing the power :unsure: . If I remove the lid the tamper goes off and I can punch in my code and the alarm stops going off. But If I go further and remove both the battery power and mains power is the bellbox just going to go off until I repower up? :!:

I tried to get the alarm company who installed it to come out but they have since gone bust and the majority of domestic installers in my area do either gardtec or texecom

thanks in advance

Lorraine

Yes your bellbox will ring with no power to it, untill you power up.

I think the installers in your area are very poor if they dont touch other makes of panel any decent installer/engineer should be able to help you out.

We dont give out any info on resetting panels for obvious reasons.

would you like to post your location and see if there is someone from your area on this site.

This is where the professionals hang out.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Guest Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

Crikey you two are fast.

I'm in North east lincs.

I was aware that resetting was a touchy subject so I made deliberately sure that joe burglar wouldn't be able to get enough info!

I would like to add a PIR and keypad in my garage so i can arm it on the way out. Currently I have a PIR in there but if I swap that to a keypad then i get two additional zones and i can plug my original pir into the keypad.

I don't see it as a big job as there is already wire in there and it would be a case of moving the wire in the control panel, wiring the keypad and wiring the PIR.

I would like to reset my alarm system so i can do the above. I really want complete control of the alarm system, I don't want the ability of a corrupt alarm engineer (a definite minority - but i'm a solicitor so have dealt with a few hence my apprehnesion) to put those service call out request things on or worse still break into my house!

Thanks in advance

Lorraine

Theres no need for a service reminder to be programmed into your alarm system although it should be serviced yearly.

Theres no need to give your code out to anyone although you would be able to change it yourself should you wish.

Your out of my area but come back later and there might be someone who is.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

This company cover your area:

LINC SECURE

41 Queen Elizabeth Road

Lincoln

Lincs

LN1 3RL

Tel: 0845 123 2599

Web: www.lincsecure.co.uk

email: info@lincsecure.co.uk

Work: Installation and Maintenance of all types of security systems, Alarms, CCTV, Access control. We have £5 million liability cover and offer 24 Hr call-out to both existing and new customers.

There will be others and as ADI said have a look here again tonight.

Have you got the additional keypad already?

We have been told that we can no longer get them.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Lorraine

Hi everyone,

If I can't get hold of them then I am thinking of ripping out my menvier system and replacing it with a texecom premier 48 system. is that advisable or not?! I have all the wiring in place its just a case of unwiring the menvier system and installing the texecom system and to be honest if i do that i won't be too worried if the menvier one blows up!

Tried Linc Secure. They don't cover my area by default so I would have to pay an additional surcharge on to pof the callout, so I shall see if anyone else crops up

hehe

thanks again.

Lorraine.

Archived