Security Installer Community

Menvier ts700

Guest Lorraine

Guest Lorraine

Hi,

Do you think it would be a downgrade going from a ts700 to a premier series? I really want about 10 sensors

thanks

Lorraine

More of an upgrade really, the chaps who came up with the TS700 donkeys years ago jumped ship and went off and made the Premier.

In your situation, I would go for a Premier if you couldn't get the parts for the TS700.

Guest Lorraine

hi everyone

thanks for the replies.

Just a quick question, there is no chance that my ts700 panel is completely locked out is there? as I don't want the siren going off forever! This isn't mentioned in the install manual so was hoping someone could give me reassurance?

I really need to get this sorted asap as I want to put the panel in or out! before the council come round to check my part P electrical which incidentally covers the burglar alarm as well!

Do you think this is a good plan

Get ladders ready to take the battery out of the siren (just in case)

take lid off control panel - silence it by doing the necessary.

kill power both 12v and 240v (this will trigger the siren i suspect)

do my factory reset

power up

after i've done all this and the siren is going off will the default code silence the alarm.

Apologies if I sound like a numpty doing this but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do as nobody round here does Menvier which is rather distressing and nobody on the forum seems to live round here either.

Thanks in Advance

Lorraine

Im very surprised noone in your area can look after you Menvier since they are such a common panel, almost the benchmark up until quite recently.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Part P is nothing to do with your alarm only the fused spur which is already installed.

Its noise pollution the council will come round for if its excessive.

If you was closer id have come round.

Seen as your determined to do it yourself, go with your plan.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the installers in your area must be ****, except colins mate.

PS whats a numpty :unsure:

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

PS whats a numpty

Listen to carpark catchphrase on radio 1 breakfast, Roy'll tell you :yes:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Part P is nothing to do with your alarm only the fused spur which is already installed.

65077[/snapback]

Well, technically it also covers any detectors or alarm equipment in bathrooms and kitchens, and outside, unless the bell is screwed to the wall directly over the cable exit point.

This is according to parts of part P, but other parts don't seem so clear but as I've said before, part P contradicts itself so many times it covers and also doesn't cover everything all at the same time.

Guest Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Tomorrow afternoon is the big day! I just have one further question - sorry for dragging it out. I'm a bit apprehensive but really need to get it out the way for the council inspection.

In my menvier manual it mentions that the bell box can either be configured for SAB or SCB, it explains the difference between both (basically swithcing to 0v on alarm or removing 0v on alarm) but does this mean when i revert back to factory settings which is SAB. and I have an SCB type bell box, the alarm will go off until i set it back to SCB? I hope that made sense! :D

Or does it not matter? entering the code will shut it up?

Regards part P. The LABC have said explicitly that any electrical gear be it 230V or 12v (alarm) will be inspected when they come round, this is mainly because i have a sensor in my kitchen.

Thanks for all the help everyone, reallly do appreciate it.

Lorraine

Archived