Security Installer Community

Light Levels

whistle

Quick queston. Do you quote minimum lux levels for cameras on your spec's

Reason i ask i have just finished a small job 4 day night domes on a domestic

the front ones are ok at night the the rear ones are no good at all i advised the customer at the time of quoating for the job that some external lighting would be needed for the cameras to work.

I was thinking of putting in quotes from now on that the above cameras will need XXX lux to operate at night.

Quick queston. Do you quote minimum lux levels for cameras on your spec's

Reason i ask i have just finished a small job 4 day night domes on a domestic

the front ones are ok at night the the rear ones are no good at all i advised the customer at the time of quoating for the job that some external lighting would be needed for the cameras to work.

I was thinking of putting in quotes from now on that the above cameras will need XXX lux to operate at night.

64629[/snapback]

The answer is simple and you know what it is..........always cover your ass.

I think best not to quote light levels in LUX but do as I have done many times before and recommend extra lighting when you know it is required but write into your specification that if additional illumination is required you can quote for the requirements or it is the responsibilty of the customer then you will be covered for all eventualities!Paul.

We used to put full camera specs on quotes including lux levels. We don't really do that now for small domestic systems, but we do advise that supplementary lighting may be required. We do check to see what lighting is around the premises and may include comments on that - and sometimes quote for additional lighting - but not if it is a super budget job.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Personally I don't quote lux levels or too much in detail on cctv specifications, in all the quotes we advise the customer that they are responsible for the lighting in the feild of view of the camera, we advise them if additional lighting is required and what we would like to see installed. However I do have a lux meter... not that it gets alot of use!!!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived