Security Installer Community

Accenta alarm

Guest Chloe Vince

Guest Chloe Vince

I have recently moved into a house with an accenta alarm. The alarm went off while it was supposed to be disarmed. We entered the code, it eventually turned itself off, but ever since then it has been beeping (twice every few minutes..) I have tried entering code again but it wont even arm itself... Is there a combination of buttons I can press to stop it from doing this??.. Please help as is getting to be annoying!!.. (the people that installed it have gone out of business..)It is the TSRKP model

The accenta doesn't bleep when wanting reset after alarm condition.

Have you got a little grey keypad under the main white alarm box that has a series of green numbers on the display?

If so this is a Menvier remote reset unit and it is that that is bleeping not the accenta.

without knowing the defunct companies seed code you will need an engineer to either remove or reprogram this unit for you.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

What colour is the keypad? do you only have one keypad or is there another method of controlling the system? keyswitch, seccond keypad.

Also there will be a main box, either with or without a keypad, what colour is this? Any Markings on it?It might be under the stairs or in an airing cupboard.

It is the TSRKP model

64263[/snapback]

The clue is here Col, It's a Menvier TSR2 remote reset unit by the sounds of it and they do beep every 2 mins to indicate it needs an anticode entering to reset it.

Regards

Bellman

Guest chloe Vince

thanks for your quick response!!!... There is a big grey G3 accenta box with SDI keypad next to it... this is in the airing closet..should I try to type our code into that??.. :huh:

Should I ask an engineer from another company to come out and fix it?

Thanks, Chloe

You will need an engineer to fix this for you.

As Georg suggests above, post your location and i'm sure we will have an engineer close to you who can assist you.

It will more than likely require a service and perhaps a battery change as well.

Regards

Bellman

The clue is here Col, It's a Menvier TSR2 remote reset unit by the sounds of it and they do beep every 2 mins to indicate it needs an anticode entering to reset it.

Regards

Bellman

64270[/snapback]

Not neccesarilly if the unit is a remote reset unit it would be a TSR1 or TSR2 ADE as far as I recall never made any "grey" G3 Controls, Menvier panels were standard grey for many years, thought was that it may be a menvier panel and the customer misinterpreted the panel type. If the unit is an SD1 unit then the fault lies with the SD1.

Your right Chris the clue is in the answer. :whistle:

Chloe, is there more than one keypad on the system, did yopu ever get the sd1 reprogrammed when you moved in? if you didn't it is probaly sending signals to the old keyholder, or even has a line fault.

We all agree though that the system needs looking at by an engineer.

Colin.

Archived