Security Installer Community

GSM Speech Dialler

Guest mikechids

Can a different text message be programmed for each output.

Are the triggers 0vdc or 12vdc or can we use both.

Also i see no reason why this cant be used along with any other form of comms, being as its totally independant, we all know that digicom, redcare, dualcomm etc etc all go to the central station first and then they ring customers, keyholders police as required which may take several minutes, the smshield seems as though it would compliment all of these and probably notify customers quicker than the central station.

Feel free to write a review of the product :)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi,

Yes, our inputs (or something else's outputs), can be named to whatever you want. "Office Door", "Front Door", "Back Door", "Fire Alarm", "Garage Door" etc. You can also set which mobile is to receive the text message. I.E. you can link your neighbours garage door to send a text message to him, without it bothering you (should you so wish).

On a change of input, our unit will send a text message such as: "Office Door Open", if you find that it sends this when the door is closed, you can invert the signal, so that it says "Closed" instead. I.E. We can work on 0V-12V, or 12V-0V. Each message is time stamped as well, so you'll know when it happened too.

And yes, SMShield can compliment other existing signalling systems. We have customers that do not have line monitored services connected to our system. Also, our system can be set up to send a text when the alarm is SET or UNSET, and is ideal for small shop owners knowing when their staff are present, or not as the case may be ;)

10 seconds is the normal transmission time.

Hope this answers your Qs OK

Ian

To Mike,

Yes that's correct. The OEM, whether it be screw or molex connection is £199. Basically the more you need us to do, put it in a box, add display etc, the more it'll cost.

Ian

Hi Guys, I agree that the SMSShield products seem very good.

How long have they been available and how many units are in active use?

Also do you sell them direct or through distribution.

How come very few of us have heard of them.

If we want one for test/evaluation will you reduce the intial price?

Pete, the Castle wanderer is 100% GSM based and send sms through a "sim" prepay or contract directly to a recipients phone, where as their panels and other standalone unit the messenger send there messages throught a PSTN line.

Colin

Hi Colin

Thanks for the kind comments. SMShield has been available since April 2003, although it was conceived back in May 2002. We've spent months ensuring that our product is reliable, stable and "does what it says on the tin".

As for not hearing about it, we only have a limited Marketing budget, and have not reached out as far as we'd have liked as yet, although we have been in Security Installer and Security Specifier (twice).

As for units in active use, there are about 50 now, dotted around the country.

We prefer to sell to Installers and Wholesalers rather than the general public, as the support issues are simpler. But we'll ship to anyone who stumps up the readies ;-)

As we are a small company, we cannot really do a discount for an initial unit, however, I'm sure we can come to some agreement on subsequent ones.

Ian Boston

OKay thanks for that, I will send you an order early next week fo the SMSshieldlite unit.

Whats the delivery Charge to scotland and I'me assuming your vat registered?

Thanks, Colin.

Thanks Colin,

We are awaiting VAT reg at present, but it shouldn't be long now, and delivery is usually Royal Mail Special Delivery (Silver), which normally works at at £10 for a single unit.

Ian

Archived