Security Installer Community

New Powermax - why no installer mode?

Guest Robin

Guest Robin

After a lot of research it appeared that there were only 2 well respected systems for DIY wireless system - Powermax and Infinite. Finally choose Powermax.

Should be able to install in an hour or two.

Unfortunately, once powered up for worktop set-up system using <Next> button after <Ready> system toggles between <Normal Mode> and <User Settings> and back again, and again, and again.....

According to instruction booklet it should move on to <Installer Mode>

Without this I can't do anything.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Have I got a faulty module?

I'm about to send it back for a refund and try the Infinite.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Was looking to install system today at my daughter's in Sheffield before returning home to Brighton.

Looks like I had a wasted journey :no:

email or posting on forum would be helpful

Regards

Robin

Guest Robin
Service Engineer said:
Install manual page 2.

61956[/snapback]

Dave Many thanks I had the code fom the manual showing #### (and also ####).

However, as per my posting it is NOT getting as far as letting me get to the Installers code / section

According to the manual it should move on from Normal mode press NEXT to User Settings then press NEXT for Installer mode at which point you press Show/OK to enter the installer mode at which point you type in the default 9999.

However, when I press NEXT at USER SETTINGS it goes back to NORMAL MODE. It just won't move on down the menu tree to INSTALLER MODE. All I ever see is NORMAL MODE and USER SETTINGS.

I am convinced it must be a fault on my control panel. Have you ever had one lock in a loop withour moving on <NEXT> to the INSTALLER MODE (step 3 in the menu tree)?

Best wishes

Robin

I think you are right it sounds faulty Ive never had one do that before! Some panels you have to enable engineer in the user manual for the engineer menu to appear like some DSC panels but I havent seen it on a powermax before. Its normally in the menu like you say by pressing 'next' it comes up installer mode.

Trade Member

Guest Robin

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Now that the week-end has passed (and I returned from Sheffield to Brighton) I have spoken with Visonic (Powermax+) technical support.

If you have the same problem then at the <USER SETTINGS> option press <OK> and type in the (default) User code 1111. Then once you're in the User Settings menu tree keep typing <NEXT> until at the end of the User Settings tree you will be offered the Installer Mode option. Press <OK> and then enter the default Installer Mode code 9999.

Easy, wasn't it! Just wish that the Manual said this, rather than indicate that pressing <NEXT> following <READY> would proceed through <NORMAL MODE>, then <USER SETTINGS> onto <INSTALLER MODE>.

Would have saved the frustration and another trip from Brighton to Sheffield. Just hope the product lives up to expectations!

That's life I guess

Robin :whistle:

The Visonic Powermax happens to be a very good system. Especially the Powermax Plus.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Not his by the sounds of things... Infinite the way to go I thinks

62428[/snapback]

Infinite is not Class VI where as Powermax Plus is (not that we would use it as such). I am sure they are both good. You can't measure a panel on someone not knowing how to use it!

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived