Security Installer Community

Are these cams any good?

jizzer

Oh not ebay again!

We have used a similar camera in the past but not from that company. For the application it was used for it was fine. Most of those cameras provide quality pictures - but it really depends on what you want to do with it.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

They are for the side of the house to monitor a car approx ten metres away with a 40watt porch lamp 5 metres from the car.....what is the night time picture quality like also how stable would they be in windy conditions and are the leds prone to failure

They are ok for the side of your house (I have two of them on mine) but dont use them for Night Clubs or Bank Foyers.

Pete

59019[/snapback]

Pete,

Do you find that the IR from these cameras reflects back from the glass, and do the LED's create a ring of light over the target area in darkness?

The ones we have used barely glow. Supposedly it is a different type of LED (maybe the type that don't work lol). So no reflections to my knowledge.

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

They are for the side of the house to monitor a car approx ten metres away with a 40watt porch lamp 5 metres from the car.....what is the night time picture quality like also how stable would they be in windy conditions and are the leds prone to failure

59020[/snapback]

All LED cameras usually state on their paperwork what is their life cycle. All LED's come on using a CDS cell in lowlight which preserves the life of them. I have just looked at the instructions of 3 different types we have here and can't find the information!! They usually range from 2-5 years depending on the type of LED used.

Usually if there is a ring of light around the image it is because the camera lens is not tight enough to the glass front allowing the light to bleed in.

We've had one or two like that.

My pet hate with these cameras is spiders.

Ive got the genie version on the front of my house overlooking the vans. The picture is sound day and night. The only thing is that its mounted at soffit height so its not abused and looks better but it looks down just a touch to steep. As for spiders i agree, i have to hose the camera down every now and again to get rid of cobwebs. Ive never had any problems with the LEDs reflecting.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived