Sorry lurch

But the most relevant reg I can find is-

So you can use flexible cable for fixed wiring

59691[/snapback]

NO! and yes. BS7671 is quite clear about the use of

Customers!

I'm sure you're just being argumentative :yes:

59685[/snapback]

I have a friend (just the one) who does electrical design.

Designs odd installs fully in flex lighting & sockets same ciruit, does not do ring circuits real odd ball to look at but fully to bs 7671 : 2001

When using .75 3core flex for mains the maximum distance should not exceed two meters. So converting from 12v to 240v cameras using the existing .75 flex would not comply with the regs. you should run 2.5mm cable to within 2 meters of the camera position and install a non-switched spur from there use .75 flex to your camera.

When using .75 3core flex for mains the maximum distance should not exceed two meters. So converting from 12v to 240v cameras using the existing .75 flex would not comply with the regs. you should run 2.5mm cable to within 2 meters of the camera position and install a non-switched spur from there use .75 flex to your camera.

59700[/snapback]

I must admit, thats what i was taught.

Guest cold2000us

I actually ended up getting new coaxial wire with power extender off ebay.

hopefully it will work

thx for all the feedback guys.

Good old BS7671, bit vague on this one. As we've sort of discovered, flexible cables may be allowed under some circumstances but their use is generally classed as rough if used for anything more than the final connections of devices to fused spurs and the like, especially when they're run next to the co-ax as they generally are under the circumstances mentioned previously.

and install a non-switched spur from there use .75 flex to your camera.

59700[/snapback]

Is this the bit where we normally say that that BS7671 requires double pole isolation for fixed equipment? :yes:

Are PTZ`s fixed, because I`m sure I saw one move once? ;)

Trade Full Member

Is this the bit where we normally say that that BS7671 requires double pole isolation? :yes:

59773[/snapback]

Might as well.

Someone might even post a link to the thread that gives info on DP key switched spurs....

Someone might even post a link to the thread that gives info on DP key switched spurs....

59774[/snapback]

....and that'd be me then. Have a click on this. Go on, you know you want to.

Archived