Security Installer Community

Scantronics 9448 panic alarm

Guest darkmagi666

Guest darkmagi666

I had a scantronics 9448 alarm fiited in my house a couple of years back & have had no trouble with it until about a month ago, The alarm went off in the middle of the night but the alarm was not set, I put my code in & the panic light had come on but i do not have a panic button fitted to the alarm, This has happen several times in the last few weeks & my wife is getting a little bored with it now, I had the engineer back to the house who fitted it for me & he fitted a new back up battery but the same thing happend 10 mins after he left the house, I called him & he told me that it should not be the panic light that is coming on as it is not connect but it is the panic light that is coming on, The panel is on the wall next to our kitchen door & 2 days ago when my wife closed the door the alarm went off several days earlier my daughter opened the door & the alarm went off but a few times it has went off when no one is anywere near it.

Any ideas would be greatfully recived.... :)

Sounds like you have an intermittant TAMPER fault.

Possibly on the door contact or panel itself, is there any alarm cabling under the carpet in your hallway..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Sounds like it could be the factory fitted staple, they oxidize after a couple of years, the best thing would be to get a good company to have a look at it.

Try here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/secu...lice_area.shtml

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Sounds like it could be the factory fitted staple, they oxidize after a couple of years, the best thing would be to get a good company to have a look at it.

Try here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/secu...lice_area.shtml

57967[/snapback]

Thats where I'd start. Possibly a loose terminal on the PA circuit. Vibration from shutting the adjacent door causing the linked out circuit to momentarily break. - Get the engineer back to fit a new link across the circuit

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

I had the engineer back to the house who fitted it for me & he fitted a new back up battery

I had assumed that the installer would have checked out loose panel connections whilst inside the panel. Surely he didn't just turn up, change the battery and go..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I had assumed that the installer would have checked out loose panel connections whilst inside the panel. Surely he didn't just turn up, change the battery and go..?

57994[/snapback]

So would I Dave, but I don't see why a PA indication would be resolved by changing the Battery. A battery Fault would normally show as a Tamper Fault on a Scantronic. - Not even sure if a basic 9448 even monitors the battery without checking a manual ?

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Guest Service2u

Hi m8

Just as a matter of Course.

Get the engineer to remove the PCB and check the Back of the Terminals for Dry Joints.

As i had a fault on a panel that was doing this.

Regards

Mark

Guest darkmagi666

Thanks for all the reply's, I told the engineer that it was the panic light that was coming on but he told me that i must be mistaken as the panic alarm is not being used so it cannot go of, He said that it was more probable that i was seeing the tamper light and thought it was the panic light, When he came he changed the battery thinking i had looked at the wrong light, tested the connections were the wires from the pir & door contacts go into the pcb and told me everything was ok then left, The person in question worked for //.National Installer.// when he fitted the alarm for me cash in hand 2 years ago, But thats what happens when you pay cash in hand.... :(

1 of 3 things

1 poor connection on the link wire

2 dry joint on the rear of the pcb

3 faulty panel ( poss try defaulting the NVM) as i have seen alsorts of strange faults from corrupt nvm chips

Archived