Security Installer Community

Denard lamps

whistle

I fitted 2 x Denard IR lights with 300w lamps, photo cell and stone gard late last year.

I have already had the change one of the lamps.

The other day i came across some 500w lamps FOC and i was wondering if the housing is different for the 500w model or can i fit the 500w ones in the above model as they are the same size.

Thanks lads.

You probally can, Have a look on the rear of the lamp housing for the max watt.

But can your PSU take the extra load. I have never fitted a 300w only 150/500w versions and the lamp life is never any thing like what it supposed to be.

Did you shorten or extend the 2core powering the lamp ?

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

OOPs , Ignore me Im goinrg off on one. Im talking the wrong voltage.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Sorry mate its been a long day :blink: , Like I said does the housing say a max watt? If its 300w max then probally no, but you could ask Dennard. I honestly cant see them making two different housing for different watt lamps cheers

As long as the lamp housing can withstand the heat then it will be fine, as pjf said check the lamp housing rating.

Regarding the PSU, were you refering to HPS lamps with ballasts?

No Rich, I had the wrong voltage, wrong wattage and appart from those minor details I had the Housing max watt right. Must get some sleep.

The Dennard IR lamps come in three beam types - spot, medium flood & wide flood. Make sure that the replacement lamp matches the one that you are taking out otherwise the night image from the camera may be either white-out or too dark. Average life as far as I remember for the 300W is 2000hrs and the 500W is 4000hrs. Also make sure that the filament is positioned in the horizontal position as if vertical bulb life will be shortened. Additionally, the bulb life is based on 230VAC. If the supply is 5% higher (241V) then bulb life will be reduced by 50%. Consider a voltage reducer available from Dennard if required.

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

I'm pretty sure that the last 500w ones that I fitted were larger diameter than the 300w

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived