Security Installer Community

Ca67 Sentinal Control panel

Guest oceanpie

Guest stevendt

Paul,

unfortunately, the quote was a verbal one given to my father-in-law who was called to the house by a neighbour as I was away at the time. When the service engineer called, he (my f-i-l) signed the visit sheet which was marked "chargeable call" but the amount was not shown. When the invoice arrived, including a copy of the form, the amount on the visit sheet had been filled in as £150+VAT - hence my problem. We have tried the service manager etc. but nobody is interested in anything other than the current invoice.

Thanks for the info on signalling options, interestingly, the company is telling me that unless I pay the invoice they will stop monitoring the alarm. These units must come with telepathy as an optional extra as the phone line is disconnected but they tell me that they are still monitoring it.

Have the "new rules" for signalling systems made changes that are likely to mean much additional work to renew a contract with someone else ? I'll need to check when the alarm was installed but it does not look too old.

regards

Dave

How long was the Engineer on-site, what exactly did he do, and did he supply any new parts, such as a battery..?

As for Standards, DD243, and coming soon EN-50131(Not Finalised Version)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest stevendt

On the visit sheet, the engineer had recorded a 15 minute vsit but my father-in-law tells me that it was much shorter, I guess 15m is probably their minimum time to visit a system. The engineer said that he was on his way back to the office from another call anyway and was "passing".

All that appears to have happened is that he entered an engineer reset code into the system (the user reset did not achieve anything - one detector stayed in fault). No parts were fitted but the engineer changed the user code as that seems to be normal practise when new owners take over an old system,

regards

Dave

On the visit sheet, the engineer had recorded a 15 minute vsit but my father-in-law tells me that it was much shorter, I guess 15m is probably their minimum time to visit a system. The engineer said that he was on his way back to the office from another call anyway and was "passing".

All that appears to have happened is that he entered an engineer reset code into the system (the user reset did not achieve anything - one detector stayed in fault). No parts were fitted but the engineer changed the user code as that seems to be normal practise when new owners take over an old system

Seems a big rip-off to me, fair enough pay a standard call out fee of £50, this often covers the 1st half hour/hour on-site. But how on earth they can warrant £150+VAT for resseting the panel is beyond me.

If my last boss ever said, "pop in when your passing" that meant it was usually a FREE call, just to keep a customer happy.

thanks for the standard links, very helpful

No problem, but just regard them as an indication to guidelines, they are not 100% accurate.

Guest stevendt

Thanks Dave,

yes, that's where I was coming from. I was OK with the £50+, that being what was agreed to. As you say, the £150+ is a complete rip off and the reason why they won't be getting my business and why I'm so unhappy. I'm still fighting this though.

anyway, off to bed now.

Goodnight and thanks again

Dave

Guest stevendt

RICHL,

still here, but I AM going to bed now.

Actually, I have done exactly what you suggested, I sent them a chqeue for the £50+VAT along with a covering letter which advised that their cashing of the cheque would be deemed to be acceptance that they had accepted this as full and final settlement of the invoice. They cashed the chqeue and have just sent me an invoice for the balance - the argument continues but they won't be getting any more without taking me to court !

regards

Dave

I sent them a chqeue for the £50+VAT along with a covering letter which advised that their cashing of the cheque would be deemed to be acceptance that they had accepted this as full and final settlement of the invoice.

So they cashed it, then as per your instruction it should be regarded as settled. Send the Invioce back, stating the invioce has been settled as per agreement.

Archived