Security Installer Community

Dedicated Spur?

Guest Guest

My understanding is that as long as you spur off an existing ring, and do not install in a 'wet area' AND YOU ARE A COMPETENT PERSON and in a position to issue a MINOR ELECTRICAL WORKS CERTIFICATE, then you can install your own spur.

Guest Guest

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Luckily before part p came into effect I wired up a time machine that only works in my own house. This also means that any subsequent work can be carried out before part p came into effect.

Guest IM_Alarms

Time machine are covered under Part P, subsection 5, clause 16," you cannot travel or allow yourself to be transported back in time in any apparatus capable of time travel, with the exception of anyone called 'Who' or having the distinction of being a Doctor"

:ninja:

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest_mike_*

So here i am been general building for years and years can i issue a minor electrical works certificate for items covered by it or do i have to go back to school

So here i am been general building for years and years can i issue a minor electrical works certificate for items covered by it or do i have to go back to school
You need the badge. Now im not saying that once you have the badge it means you will get it right but it puts probability on the safe side. And you never know you just may learn something that you missed for all those years.

Jef

Customers!

Archived