Yee-haa its the Sky installer

Monteey

Guest Peter James
:w00t:

Surely they're getting danger money!

Glad i don't do air con.

55358[/snapback]

I know a man that does

Back to the subject of Sky installers, When i was out of a job a couple of years ago i saw a job advertised in the local rag for sky installers (30k). Nice i thought i can do that. Went for the interview,they were subbys to sky. Got the job start monday. Monday morning arrived at the address they gave me for their office.

Could not belive it, they were working out of some run down little garage unit that looked like it hadn't been cleaned for 20 years! Ok i thought give them the benefit of the dought and all that. Got told to go out with some guy in his van had 5 installs to do for the day.

I get speaking to this bloke about the job, how long he's been in the game for ect! He tells me been doing it for 1 week!!! Ok, so he must have had some sort of TV, electrical, security knowledge i think to myself!!

NO!!! the guy was a BEE KEEPER a week before!!! The whole firm i find out has been up and running for a month, None of them had any major exprience in the trade just a big bunch of cowboys out for the money.

These guys were in people's house drilling holes left right and centre no experience to there name, I ended up showing my new work mate how to do the job properly, Was a sight to see chaps.

I left the firm after 1 day. There are some good SKY engineers out there, but watch out there are some proper Lone Rangers!!!

Chubb Service Engineer

DO YOU RECKON THESE GUYS HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE???

55355[/snapback]

Bloomin Heck, I thought I was dangerous!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The favourite one for that sort of installer is to drill through your wall with a rotary hammer action SDS and knock half of your house down with it - but at least they are kind enough to replace the hole with a plastic grommet PMSL ;)

Saw the funniest bodge ever on a takeover it was a Karizma that had been put on the wall upside down so the battery would have nowhere to stand so they tie-wrapped to the what is now the top of the panel. The rest of the install seams to match.

Trade Member

Guest G.J.M

i have seen three classics with Sky

1-I was in an attic in a school which has small windows.The installer did not drill through wall,but open small window and put cable through it. :(

2-My mate got sky but because the dish was over a certain height a special team from Glasgow had to come as they had the correct ladders etc.The installer could not reach up wall to clip cable and left my mate with a hand full of clips and told him to hang out his neighbours window in the flat above to clip it,next time he is in.

The cable blows past his window every now and then. :whistle:

3-Sky make local news as the installer drills right through a historic sandstone sign relating to Sir walter Scott.The Council went beserk as did historic Scotland :blink:

3-Sky make local news as the installer drills right through a historic sandstone sign relating to Sir walter Scott.The Council went beserk as did historic Scotland :blink:

55462[/snapback]

Words fail me.

Words fail me.

55467[/snapback]

Theres a first!!!

Ive seen someone drill through a sandstone window ledge with an sds drill once, shattering experience for them.

Archived