Security Installer Community

Replacement for Scantronic 9800

Guest tommo

Guest tommo

I have a fault with my Scantronic 9800 system which intermittantly goes into full alarm mode even when unset. I suspect that the main cct board is at fault and want to know if there is a direct replacement for it. It was installed nearly 10 years ago so I guess it has done well. There are 3 PIR detectors, 1 magnetic door contact, 1 external bell/strobe, an RKP and an internal siren connected. As I would not have access to engineers codes for any replacement, what restrictions would apply when installing the new panel?

Hi Fella,

I suspect you have either a tamper fault or a dead battery.

when you disarm the system after it has gone off, what is shown on the led display on the keypad?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

If its a battery fault it should not go into "full alarm" by full do you mean the outside sounder goes off as well as the internal? it would i think only set off full sounders if the battery was so bad that it dragged the 12v supply to virtually 0v.

The 9800 being more of a commercial standard panel tests the battery regularily for problems hence even if you enter the cust code next time it tests it will set the internal sounders off again, the other guys are correct that it will display bf for battery fault and this is the most common cause of something odd happening to a panel whichever make it is ! hope thats of some help and confirmation!,Paul.

Guest tommo

Thanks for all the info. I have measured the Batt when disconnected and its 13v. I will put it back in cct and take a measurement. I need to check on the display panel for the indication when the alarm is sounding (external and internal). The last occasion I just pulled the power to let everyone get back to bed!

If you pulled just the mains off, and it silenced, then I recon you have a duff battery.

53364[/snapback]

And faulty bell battery!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived