Security Installer Community

resolution

Guest fathead

If your on about the ones that im thinking of they would be Geutebruck's and they take still images actually, just very fast!

52555[/snapback]

Yeah I was talking to someone about them the other day, lots of images per second apparently, but still on to film, a 21MP line transfer Digital camera would probably more cost effective in that instance no?

Wow,

What an interesting thread this is turning out to be.

I might add though, the comments about the 21 MPixel which is high, recording to PC at 25 FPS. Yes, this would probably be impossible with todays technology. BUt then saying that, how many CCTV systems made up of more than a couple of cameras record all of them at 25 FPS.

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Getting into the realms of broadcast quality TV now 4.7Gig/second

There are differnt ways to reduce the filesizes of these images, using conditional refresh, where only the information that has changed from the previos image is used. Half the image information, half the size.

Hope I don't sound stupid here but moving on from the use of still digital which was the initial thought by fathead, we all know the excelent video achieved with some of the cam corders these days what if a general purpose camera with a standard zoom of 16mm - 120mm was developed with twisted pair picture control via standard dome type joystick,if camcorder technology was used like this what would the quality be like and would it acheive a standard good priced fully functional camera for most requirements??? giving more standard stock /standard spares/perhapes better quality at better price(please shoot me down gently guys or you'll hurt my feelings!!!!! :blink: Paul

Hope I don't sound stupid here but moving on from the use of still digital which was the initial thought by fathead, we all know the excelent video achieved with some of the cam corders these days what if a general purpose camera with a standard zoom of 16mm - 120mm was developed with twisted pair picture control via standard dome type joystick,if camcorder technology was used like this what would the quality be like and would it acheive a standard good priced fully functional camera for most requirements??? giving more standard stock /standard spares/perhapes better quality at better price(please shoot me down gently guys or you'll hurt my feelings!!!!! :blink: Paul

52586[/snapback]

What happens when you zoom in with the lens? You really need to be able to move a cemera when you have zoomed in on something.

Did you mean 4.7Gig, or are you getting confused with the carrier frequency?

Most PAL broadcasts use about 5Mhz bandwidth.

52584[/snapback]

Broadcast quality image transfered and stored digitally would be about 4.7Gigabyte a second, but correct me if i am wrong.

I left out any discussion on the teletary control because thats standard bread and butter stuff what I was trying to generate was the possibility of developing the camcorder technology in the future which might of coarse be ground breaking or not as the case may be???? :blink: Paul.

I left out any discussion on the teletary control because thats standard bread and butter stuff what I was trying to generate was the possibility of developing the camcorder technology in the future which might of coarse be ground breaking or not as the case may be???? :blink: Paul.

52621[/snapback]

Forget it! The Chineese, Tiawaneese and all the others will be streets ahead of you...............

Broadcast quality image transfered and stored digitally would be about 4.7Gigabyte a second, but correct me if i am wrong.

52596[/snapback]

I'd be interested in your calculations.

My generous "back of a fag packet" numbers say:

PAL is 576*720 resolution at 25 frames per second.

Colour depth can probably be accomodated by 16 bits (2 bytes).

My calculator says 576*720*25*2 = 20,736,000

20Mbytes is a lot less than 4.7Gbytes.

Incidentally I occasionally capture broadcast signals at broadcast quality on my PC though I don't have full-res ones around at present. Just checked a half-resolution file (actually 288*384) with 16-bit colour which is of course a quarter the data and that was using just over 5Mbytes per second.

Archived