Security Installer Community

resolution

Guest fathead

Guest fathead
[Just thought ! you said earlier that your cameras would be collecting images at 1 x frame per sec thats not very good a guy on the run might just get his heal in the frame???????????? or have i got the wrong end of the stick fatboy.Paul

51285[/snapback]

-------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think a heal would fill a frame at 20 metres - doubt if any one could cover the FOV in a second without rocket powered roller skates (now there's an idea ;)

I am also suggesting you would still need a video cam to cover the same area so you do not miss the action like the kick, punch or swing of the baseball bat - one frame per second could easily miss that.

Remember the problem is getting a good face shot from a distance without spending a fortune. The problem of coverage and resolution is not an issue for close up stuff.

does that make sense?

Hi Fathead,

Interesting that many people posting havnt got a clue what your on about. There are several commercial products that will cater for what you need. Ranging from 1 - 5 megapixels, I have seen a few in operation and they are very good. Like you say, there not cheap, but compared to covering the same area as several cameras then they do work out cost effective. I have in the past offered these to customers, but they cant get their heads round the 1 camera over 4 or 5 normal cameras.

If you want to spend the money then I can point you in the right direction.

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Hi Fathead,

Interesting that many people posting havnt got a clue what your on about. There are several commercial products that will cater for what you need. Ranging from 1 - 5 megapixels, I have seen a few in operation and they are very good. Like you say, there not cheap, but compared to covering the same area as several cameras then they do work out cost effective. I have in the past offered these to customers, but they cant get their heads round the 1 camera over 4 or 5 normal cameras.

51295[/snapback]

Hes trying to develop an idea hes had, and what is this commercial product you are refering to ?

Guest fathead
Hi Fathead,

51295[/snapback]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry to sound rude but i think you have missed the point

video, video, video

I know about IP cams and a fair bit about what goes into them.

If you can do one for £250 I will get my credit card out right away ^_^

Just had a thought - perhaps I should get in touch with the folks that make Gatsos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry to sound rude but i think you have missed the point

video, video, video

I know about IP cams and a fair bit about what goes into them.

If you can do one for £250 I will get my credit card out right away ^_^

Just had a thought - perhaps I should get in touch with the folks that make Gatsos

51304[/snapback]

Frankly ive lost any idea i had of understanding the bulk of this topic but .....

Gatso's are a still image camera, Truvello are the digital speed cameras.

Guest fathead
Frankly ive lost any idea i had of understanding the bulk of this topic but .....

Gatso's are a still image camera, Truvello are the digital speed cameras.

51309[/snapback]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point is to use still image cameras for surveillance

High res still image cameras are cheap

Video is expensive

High res video, very expensive

Archived