Security Installer Community

scantronic 9651

Guest letterick

Guest letterick

Hi,in the process of installing a scantronic 9651,not to sure how i should wire the single global tamper circuit.

I would appreciate any suggestions.Thanks

The correct way. ;)

You sure you should be installing an alarm?

As ian says plus remember every cable should be tamper protected too, not just devices with tamper terminals.

Hi,in the process of installing a scantronic 9651,not to sure how i should wire the single global tamper circuit.

I would appreciate any suggestions.Thanks

46933[/snapback]

Dont! Use the FSL and end-of-line resistors option, otherwise you will be spending a whole day faultfinding when the nice man from the gas board drills through a cable.

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Why not use the EOL method then evey zone has its own tamper loop.

And say use the global tamper for the speaker.

47029[/snapback]

Sorry Whistle, Global Tamper is ignored when EOL in use.

I know, I was disapointed too!

Stu.

EDIT: Spelling!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The installer manual for the 9651 assumes prior knowledge of installing alarm systems.If this is your first install , I would suggest getting hold of the manual for the scantronic9448 or the Texecom Veritas range , as they have some simplified diagrams regarding global tampers and bell wiring.

Its always best to do plenty of reading-up and possibly a bench test before you start putting cables in etc.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Guest letterick
The installer manual for the 9651 assumes prior knowledge of installing alarm systems.If this is your first install , I would suggest getting hold of the manual for the scantronic9448 or the Texecom Veritas range , as they have some simplified diagrams regarding global tampers and bell wiring.

Its always best to do plenty of reading-up and possibly a bench test before you start putting cables in etc.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Regards.

47057[/snapback]

cheers guys for your advice will be installing soon will post back and let you know how it went. :yes:

cheers guys for your advice will be installing soon will post back and let you know how it went. :yes:

47351[/snapback]

Sorry but I dont understand why some of you do not like using the FSL method as this is the future of intruder alarm installations and the most secure way of wiring. When the gas man drills through a cable you wil know exactly which one...

Nick

The guy sounds like a first timer , in a D-I-Y forum , I think FSL may be a bit OTT for him , maybe not.

Any hoo , its normally the carpet fitters who slice the cables. :(

47463[/snapback]

Well, shouldnt be too hard, I'm pretty sure that despite the manual for this alarm being a bit slim, EOL and how to do it is actually pretty fully explained... What is missing is how to connect everything else like the SAB, etc..

Stu.

• 4 months later...

Seriously? Wire up the panel and devices on your "workbench" to play around with it, make sure it is working and work out how to wire it etc. before you fit it for real. Familiarisation before installing.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived