Security Installer Community

How much?

Guest Joe's Security Services

Guest Joe's Security Services

i shall definately do that! thanks Pete and every one else for the help so far! and anymore ideas or advice is still very very welcome!!

Joe!

im in surrey! i was thinking of doing something like that! but i was wondering weather cctv businesses would be willing on taking me on!!

Joe

46717[/snapback]

Put the feelers out Joe if your up for doing it get your c.v out and learn a bit about the buisness before you fly in and start investing in a buisness if your really up for it do your course and put yourself together a nice c.v and just get a bit about what its all about and you can still guvvy on weekend build it up that way.....

I wish you all the best with it Joe and a buisness has two sides a good side and a SHI+E side but its allways better to know what your doing before you start banging a load of money into it.

Garry.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Joe, what is it you do at the moment?

To get started in the CCTV Trade, get yourself Tavcom trained and go get some experience, if you can afford to go get a CCTV installers certificate from Tavcom then do that first.

Also get yourself a book called "The principles and practice of CCTV".

Find a CCTV installation company to go work for.

There

Welcome!! Just to go with with the others really, find a company to get going with, use them to learn the trade and you'll get a feel for how thing go in, (cable routes) etc, it might seem a bit of a puzzle at first but things will suddenly drop into place. When you get more confident and strat on your own installs you'll have a feel for the different types of kit out there, you'll learn good from bad I'm sure. Experience is the main thing.

If you can get your employer to pay for you to train and get some qualifications all the better, you don't really have to have any but it will really help if you do, and make you more employable in the future.

No one on here is trying to put you off, but I think I speak for all when I say that there's no point in pooring money into something without a really good sound knowledge of the line of work your putting it into. Some sales guys start their own businesses & do really well, but at the end of the day they don't install and if you read Dave's opening speech on the main page, who better to quote for the system than the person who actually fits the equipment and not some sales guy in his new vectra.

Best of luck with things anyway, stick around and have a look into what the guys are posting on the cctv forum, I'm sure you'll pickup a few pointers there as to different solutions to problems etc etc!!!!

cheers Tony

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest Guest
im in surrey! i was thinking of doing something like that! but i was wondering weather cctv businesses would be willing on taking me on!!

There is a lot of serious competition in Surrey and personally I think you will find it tough and very steep learning curve to go it alone. You would be better to try and get a job with one of the local installers, or even offer your services for free for a couple of days to see if you really want to get into CCTV.

As rich said what are you doing at the moment?

fully agree with peter and alex. Welcome to this fantastic site, and I wish you all the best on the path to becoming a cctv engineer. Why not buy a book on cctv? And learn a bit first (as peter says). My favourite book is: called 'closed circuit television' surprise surprise!!!!!!! Written by 'Joe Cieszynski' isbn number is: 0-7506-4639-x. Get it from amazon.co.uk. good luck

Intruder & Fire Member

Archived