Security Installer Community

How much?

Guest Joe's Security Services

yeah i was thinking JSS! Tavcom do a Foundation CCTV and a CCTV installation training. do you think this would be enough training to start doing small installations like domestic and small businesses? not huge industrail multiple camera installations!

cheers!

Joe!

Welcome to the Forums Joe..:)

Glad you weren`t too put out by our greetings but we get this sort of question quite often, usually from a DIY`er or someone just curious about competitors pricing.

Stick around, were a great bunch really....:)

And yeah, the Tavcom Foundation CCTV and a CCTV installation training should set you off on the right tracks.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

thank you! i thought i had just made a huge cctv taboo!! looking at the other forum posts this looks like a very knowledgeable place and just wanted you to share your years of wisdom with a new cumer! can any one explain to me the type on insurance needed to run an installation. someone mentioned liability insurance, what does that cover?

thanks

Joe.

Comon guys lets give him a little help, he obviously has the intent to go on a course and learn the trade, he just wants a little bit of advice from people who are already established :-)

liability insurance:

Exactly what it says really, but basically if you damage a customers property your liable, this insurance covers your liabillities, usually at least £2Million worth.

Efficacy insurance:

Simply put this covers your AR#E if the equipment you fitted fails to perform, the equipment must do the job it was intended.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

thank you! i thought i had just made a huge cctv taboo!! looking at the other forum posts this looks like a very knowledgeable place and just wanted you to share your years of wisdom with a new cumer! can any one explain to me the type on insurance needed to run an installation. someone mentioned liability insurance, what does that cover?

thanks

Joe.

46704[/snapback]

Yeah Joe if your going to be working in peoples houses and I dont know how much experiance you have in running cables looking if theres a socket below your gonna drill a hole at the top but you need to look at that first to cover you.

Try and get a bit of a plan in your own mind of what you want to do.....

Garry.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Guest Peter James

Joe

Most people in this trade have previose experience, why not try and get some before you start your business.

Theres nothing worse than trying to sell something you know nothing about.

Have you thought of working for a security company for a year or so, get the valuble information and experience you need, and get paid whilst you learn.

Where abouts in the country are you?

Pete

im in surrey! i was thinking of doing something like that! but i was wondering weather cctv businesses would be willing on taking me on!!

Joe

Guest Peter James

Most Security companies would be interested in keen individuals.

There is a shortage of good engineers.

Get the YP out and send some cv's round.

Pete

Archived