Security Installer Community

Battle Of The Bellboxes

I agree with the boys. Gardtec do a good range of external sounders with some useful functions. I only recently went over to the Gardtec sounders I have used both the Eurosec Xs7 and XS3d both very nicely designed. I was using the Pyronix Belle but have opted for a better quality sounder at a great price. Have a look at www.gardtec.co.uk. :yes:

the gard tec XS3D boxes arnt bad loud if you go for the twin peizo but the stobe could be better

as for the scanny 9651 not bad fitted about 10 of these now and not a single problem so far , fitting one tomorrow morning as it hapens  but wouldent recomend for anything other than bells only domestic  :)  just my opinion  B)

42901[/snapback]

Thanks for everything so far, I'll try and answer your questions and ideas! ...

OK, thanks for the info about contracting, whenever I have written, Ive always emphasised the security bits, and not even mentioned electrics other than 'I am qualified to install and issue certs for fused spurs, and have my own Test set etc...'. My work at the MOD was serious high end stuff (see my bit on Introduce Yourself for more details) but not that relevent to the real world. But I agree its probably better to phone / hang around trade counters, only problem being our Gardiners is 18 miles away :-(

As for bellboxes, I too always thought Elmdene were supposed to be really good. Ah well. As for the Nova 4, its what my current contractor uses so it would look a bit **** if I did, I think anyway. Texecom look good though, hadnt even considered them. Just realised its the Oddysey 3 that all the locals seem to have turned to of late, but the 2 and 4 do look good. The 1 is exclusively used by a major local, BWS aka Bath and West security so thats off really! Are the CQRs really that bad people. I agree they are a maybe bit too cheap.

I agree about the Scanny too, I would really only use it for Domestics anyway, and currently all my alarms will be bells only, with Vocaliser as an option (unless anyone can suggest something better, its is an butt to program).

thanks already!

Stuart.

:rolleyes:

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

when you say vocaliser do you mean speach dialer or am i missing something ???

the dialers our co uses are the menvier sd1+ easy to program and install

then digi's d/comms stus etc for more secure systems

The Vocaliser is a compact 2 way speech dialler from Pyronix, been around a little while now. Best thing is it comes in a box but can be used in PCB form in the panel like a digi. There is a seperate mic that the remote user can activate only in a genuine alarm. Its quite good but can only be programmed using a phone connected directly to its PCB (not via the PSTN, which is fair enough). But, the user can change no's etc... via the PSTN. Its a bit pricey too but works ok the few times Ive used it. Just a bit old now thats all.

Hope this helps!

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ventcroft Visions are quite a nice looking bell unit. Fitted loads of these a few years ago. Different company now so not any more. The LEDs can be located in any of the 3 visor areas and the rotating strobe effect (3 strobes) impresses the client.

I've got an older Novagard 4X at home. Again, a neat bell unit but packing much more than any user will ever need. Twin strobe, 6 LEDs with several different modes of flashing and the sound can be changed as theres a facility to switch through several different sounds. I suppose a good idea if you've got a couple of premises side by side.

I do miss Gardiner bells though. Not fitted a single one since my old firm sold up. I've fitted stacks of 1E's and 2's. Gardiner made an addressable bell for the higher 840 series of panel that use a bus/data line to control the sabs/strobes/LEDs? Are they still in production? Was it a NovaLogic or something?

Yup. Gardiner all the way here for me.

ACE.gif

Anyway, Im trying to choose a new bellbox;

I'm going for quality not price

Have you looked at the Elmdene Vertec sounder ;)

http://www.elmdene.co.uk/products/vertec.htm

Its a lot better than them Gardtec sounders :whistle:

Ok, now Im a big Scantronic fan, but what is everyone thinking about the £*0 wonder, the 9651. It MUST be made in China or something, right

They are made in Germany, the 9448 panels are made in China :)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

They used to have a Novaguard X (?) at the Bristol trade counter, this was the one with the Knight Rider LEDs (amongst other things) I seem to recall. I asked for a price but the guy said it was long since discontinued. Can't see it on the site anymore either.

Archived