Security Installer Community

Looking for sub-contractors in Liverpool & Burnley

Guest Adrian
For me to know.... Depending on distance I think £160 for a day is quite a decent amount, as long as travelling covered fuel & ware & tare I'd say it was swings & roundabouts. Afterall this new van of mine seems to be quite good on lpg. :yes:

43207[/snapback]

Well Tony things must be going well then, A new van hey.

As for the milage bit I'm not telling you what I've been offered. except I,m happy with the agreement thats been put on the table for me. :yes:

Adrian B)

I wonder if all these subbies are going to be vetted to BS7858 (security screening of personnel employed in a security environment) including subcontractors and also to work in a education establishment now you also have to have a CRB check for sex offences which takes 4months to complete.

So any new subbies wont be able to carry out the work until the above is completed.

The goverment are really going to town on this after last year, techincally you could get away with it due to you are installing in private nurseries but be warned the checks are supposed to be carried out on anybody working near to kids.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I wonder if all these subbies are going to be vetted to BS7858 (security screening of personnel employed in a security environment) including subcontractors and also to work in a education establishment now you also have to have a CRB check for sex offences which takes 4months to complete.

So any new subbies wont be able to carry out the work until the above is completed.

The goverment are really going to town on this after last year, techincally you could get away with it due to you are installing in private nurseries but be warned the checks are supposed to be carried out on anybody working near to kids.

43430[/snapback]

the nail has been well and truley hit on the head... :yes: thats what worried me..

Worries me too - but unfortunately, this has been discussed on here before and has been allowed to be advertised so its not up for debate, if we continually hijack this guys threads somethings going to break, this kind of discussion on here needs to be between mods and admin and needs to be addressed once and for all.

You know my feelings on this from last time admin - can we please wrap this up now.

Firstly, unless Edward wants to correct me, his jobs do not involve working near kids.

Secondly, If you are working around kids then you should be supervised anyway, the law hasn't changed, the kids should not be left on their own without a teacher or somoeone authorised to be there therefore if you are working around kids which im sure is rare then you should never be left alone in the same room as the kids.

I've worked in schools numerous times and my partner is a teacher.

Please try to keep things on topic guys, Businesscam has been permitted to offer jobs on the forum, and should not continually be getting an inquisition. If I had any doubts about them they wouldn`t be allowed to offer work on here. Most jobs offered involve weekend working.

If you have any queries regarding what they do and whats required then feel free to email them directly or PM them a message via this forum.

And Server_Engineer, your posting of my keywords here certainly don't help (If you are the admin, can you delete my peterborough thread, and your comment on this thread?).

It`s SERVICE ENGINEER, and yeah ok I will do as requested.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Please try to keep things on topic guys, Businesscam has been permitted to offer jobs on the forum, and should not continually be getting an inquisition. If I had any doubts about them they wouldn`t be allowed to offer work on here. Most jobs offered involve weekend working.

If you have any queries regarding what they do and whats required then feel free to email them directly or PM them a message via this forum.

It`s SERVICE ENGINEER, and yeah ok I will do.

43451[/snapback]

id be asking why dave..and the replies point to that....

Eng why not send Edward a message expressing any of your concerns, I am sure he will reply swiftly and you will be assured that all is well.

He has stated all work would be weekend work, when no kids are around. Or work on newly built nurseries not yet in action. So any installers would have no contact with anyones children. Installers also have no access to any passwords so would not be able to access the cams after they had been fitted.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Eng why not send Edward a message expressing any of your concerns, I am sure he will reply swiftly and you will be assured that all is well.

He has stated all work would be weekend work, when no kids are around. Or work on newly built nurseries not yet in action. So any installers would have no contact with anyones children. Installers also have no access to any passwords so would not be able to access the cams after they had been fitted.

43457[/snapback]

well thats a different reply to the one you posted when he first asked for threads to be deleted...which i see you have.....

I'm just wondering if we should be allowed to discuss and debate this topic as freely as any other, even if it's moved to a trade section.

If concerns are raised, then businesscam can choose to address them.

The subject itself, should certainly not be taboo as it raises some very good points and can also digress to network security, which is becoming more and more relevant.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived