Security Installer Community

Verits 8 motion detector removal

Guest zombiegod

Guest zombiegod

Hi,

The motion sensor in our room is fastened to the top corner of the wall/ceiling. How do I remove it, as it appears to be screwed to the wall/ceiling from the inside.

On the outside there is no section of it that looks like a screwdriver slot or prize open point. Only a very small hole on the underside. Any ideas on how to remove the cover appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

Various makes of sensor have various ways of being opened, but mainly they open from the bottom, try putting a screw driver near to the screw area in the gap between lid and backplate, also try gently squeezing the sides of the lid of the sensor. without knowing which make of sensor it's hard to give direct instructions.

Is your system monitored, and or under engineer reset for tampers ???, if so you would be better calling your alarm company, because you will be unlikely to be able to reset your system due to a tamper fault.

Clive

Hiya Zombie.....

Yes your right the detector is probably fixed on the inside and depending how confident you are or you feel I would personaly call in a local installer who would help you 100% if you post your location I am sure there will be someone in your area..... :)

Garry.....

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

I thought that was a fair answer.

41862[/snapback]

So did I, but if somebody cant even work out how to get to the screws, should they be messing about with something they dont know.

Anyway off to fit a televison on a wall bracket, above the bath :o

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Try posting a picture of the PIR, it is highly unlikely that engineer reset will be programmed but still a possibility.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Anyway off to fit a televison on a wall bracket, above the bath  :o

41885[/snapback]

Don't forget to make a *double* wrap with the insulation tape on the connectors for the mains flex as it's in the bathroom. :whistle:

Don't forget to make a *double* wrap with the insulation tape on the connectors for the mains flex as it's in the bathroom. :whistle:

41939[/snapback]

Too right I think thats in the 16th edition regs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) :P

(I'd make a treble wrap just to cover yourself)

Any comments or points i make are my own views and not that of my employer or company

Archived