Security Installer Community

infrared vandal resistant dome cameras

securitycctv

Have purchased some ir switching external domes. Have not had very good results with them installed at customer premises. White out and rings, caused by ir leds reflecting inside the dome.

Any one had similar or had ones with good results?

I have had the misfortune of installing those fixed lens IR led cameras.

In darkness you get a big ring of light due to the pattern of the led's, I imagine these were better having a flat glass in front of the lens.

I would avoid domed cameras with IR led's myself unless anyone could prove to me otherwise.

The lense is too far from the dome surface. Try modifying the internals to be closer to the dome, or if not, try using something like a thin slice of appropriate sized pipe lagging to sit between the lens and the dome.

Haven't tried it myself, just what I've heard.

;)

If you don't know......ask.

The lense is too far from the dome surface. Try modifying the internals to be closer to the dome, or if not, try using something like a thin slice of appropriate sized pipe lagging to sit between the lens and the dome.

Haven't tried it myself, just what I've heard.

;)

41666[/snapback]

Normally the dome comes with a bit of foam to go round the lens, as bri said but this normally gets thrown away as packaging

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Try moving the camera closer to the glass maybe, and try the foam tube, be careful not to mask the image.

If your fitting it in low celing dark area I would think that camera would be ideal, Vandal resisting can be a right pain :realmad: , especially with that invention the can of spray paint.

Let us know how you get on with the suggestions.

Try moving the camera closer to the glass maybe, and try the foam tube, be careful not to mask the image.

If your fitting it in low celing dark area I would think that camera would be ideal, Vandal resisting can be a right pain :realmad: , especially with that invention the can of spray paint.

Let us know how you get onĀ  with the suggestions.

41701[/snapback]

Thanks Richard, will let you know further

John

Archived