Security Installer Community

DOOR SENSORS

Guest DarPar1

Guest DarPar1

I have recently replaced my old wooden doors with nice new upvc ones.

Now my old doors had sensors fit into them, these sensors will not go into my new doors so i replaced them with surface mounted ones. also whilst the doors were being installed a cable was cut i have replaced it with a new length of cable. Now my problem is since doing so my alarm tamper light is flashing when i set the system. how can i cure this problem my system is an old scantronic 9448. <_<

Guest DarPar1

Thanks all for your words of wisdom but I have resolved the problem without any pros and sarcastic remarks. Had the Pro installer fitted the alarm correctly in the first place I would not need any help.

Thanks all for your words of wisdom but I have resolved the problem without any pros and sarcastic remarks. Had the Pro installer fitted the alarm correctly in the first place I would not need any help.

42001[/snapback]

Well done.

Could you tell us what the problem was and how you found it?

That might benefit someone else in future.

42001[/snapback]

I fail to see why you blame the installer for you changing the doors and you damaging the cable. See what we are up against. :no:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

42001[/snapback]

err.. how do you know it is OK now?? are you 100% sure it doesn't start to bother you while you're at the holiday trip?

Get a PRO in. If you had money to chance the door you'll have money to call for a pro to do things they should be!

41408[/snapback]

Don't get the logic here. I have just spent a load of cash, so that must mean I have a load more cash lying around to spend :lol:

Archived