Security Installer Community

Power cut and Alarms

Guest Rod

Thanks, I am going to get the system checked over but tomorrow the Plasterer is coming in and I've been waiting two weeks for him!!!

Just to confirm...I remove the Control Panel > the internal sounder goes off > I then enter the code and the system shuts down ??

There is no need to by-pass the cover interlock?

Rod

40356[/snapback]

The system won't "shut down" from entering the code with the panel lid off. That will just silence the tamper alarm you will get from removing the panel lid so that you can change the battery. The bell box will continue to activate regardless of the panel's state (set or unset etc) until it is supplyed power from the panel, wether it's from the panel's mains supply or battery.

Trade Member

Also if the Bellbox doesn't have a bell timer and if you switch of the mains and it starts to sound. You may get problems with the neighbours etc by causing a Noise Nuisance and the Envrionmental health Officer may call and if you are reported you can be fined up to £5,000 for the offence.

I would get the battery replaced in the morning by a professional and get the panel checked as it may be have been damaged by the system overcharging.

Colin.

The system won't "shut down" from entering the code with the panel lid off. That will just silence the tamper alarm you will get from removing the panel lid so that you can change the battery. The bell box will continue to activate regardless of the panel's state (set or unset etc) until it is supplyed power from the panel, wether it's from the panel's mains supply or battery.

40357[/snapback]

Thanks for all of the help, Have never entered a 'forum' before and this was the business!!

:):):)

What exactly does unservicable mean? In terms of the state of the system.

40355[/snapback]

not ready for service; "unserviceable equipment may be replaced" impossible to use, generally buggered. :D

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

or you could say 'useless'

40375[/snapback]

Ah!, although it is unserviceable it may still have some uses, maybe a paperweight, or just something to throw at next doors cat. I am personally building a model of the Arc de Triomphe out of mine*.

*of course I jest

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived