Security Installer Community

Power cut and Alarms

Guest Rod

Hello

Can someone advise on why when I switch off my ring main that supplies the Alarm sysstem (Accenta 8) that the external alarm kicks off and on swiching the power back on the internal sounder then kicks off until I enter the code.

Is it because there is a backup battery in the external sounder that has had it? :!:

The sounder battery is ok if ringing without mains but the control battery is unserviceable and requires attention. Post your location and I'm sure one of the members will be able to offer further assistance.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The sounder battery is ok if ringing without mains but the control battery is unserviceable and requires attention. Post your location and I'm sure one of the members will be able to offer further assistance.

40328[/snapback]

Thanks Norm,

That sounds obvious now!!!

There is a large battery in the bottom of the Control unit ....I managed to take al ook before needing to put the cover back on the unit before my missus clouted me.

Is this the battery that will need changing? if so can I remove the cover and locate anything into the cover interlock allowing me to work on it without deafening the household?

Is this the battery that will need changing? if so can I remove the cover and locate anything into the cover interlock allowing me to work on it without deafening the household?

40330[/snapback]

If you've got the engineers code and engineering manual it will tell you how.

If not, you'll need a professional engineer to sort it out.

The whole system probably needs servicing too, if the battery has died it probably hasn't been looked at for a few years.

I would strongly recommend getting a professional in to check the battery and the charging circuit, as this is not uncommonly the first port of damage when trying to charge a damaged/dated battery.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I would strongly recommend getting a professional in to check the battery and the charging circuit, as this is not uncommonly the first port of damage when trying to charge a damaged/dated battery.

40333[/snapback]

Thanks for the info'

However I am doing some work on the house and tomorrow I need to re-route some mains and therefore need to turn off the ring main.

I have read the Installation manual and now know where the tamper spring on the PCB is so I could 'get to' the battery but is there any way I can simply turn of the system while I do the work and then get a Guy into sort out the system later?

Once the lid is opened entering your code will silence the system, but again I strongly recommend getting it professionally serviced.

40352[/snapback]

Thanks, I am going to get the system checked over but tomorrow the Plasterer is coming in and I've been waiting two weeks for him!!!

Just to confirm...I remove the Control Panel > the internal sounder goes off > I then enter the code and the system shuts down ??

There is no need to by-pass the cover interlock?

Rod

Archived