Security Installer Community

Sensors to operate a series of fountains

Guest SkyCatcher

OK, OK, You mentioned the chairs go over a grided walkway. I would do the job different to Brian (no disrespect to your design Brian) The first would be to build a simple control panel to control relays and you connect the fountains to the relays I am suggesting a relay with a timer board available from all good alarm suppliers. Now all we have to do is provide the switches I am suggesting a number of photo cells sited under the walk way (we use these for roller shutters allowing them to be raised to a pre determined heights) at locations and in patterns that will switch timer relays when the grate is walked or wheeled over. The system will even work at night. The whole project runs on a 12VDC supply with the exception of the fountains and control board it will require little maintenance has no projecting parts and all wiring is concealed below the walkway. You can even put coloured lights on it. Estimated build cost less than £450.00

Now all you have to do is build it?

Good Luck

Jef

40203[/snapback]

I'm liking the idea of a timer board, can you connect a web cam to the area so we can watch the oldies get soaked as they admire the gracious curves of the fountain as the timer runs out? :w00t:

OK, OK, You mentioned the chairs go over a grided walkway. I would do the job different to Brian (no disrespect to your design Brian) The first would be to build a simple control panel to control relays and you connect the fountains to the relays I am suggesting a relay with a timer board available from all good alarm suppliers. Now all we have to do is provide the switches I am suggesting a number of photo cells sited under the walk way (we use these for roller shutters allowing them to be raised to a pre determined heights) at locations and in patterns that will switch timer relays when the grate is walked or wheeled over. The system will even work at night. The whole project runs on a 12VDC supply with the exception of the fountains and control board it will require little maintenance has no projecting parts and all wiring is concealed below the walkway. You can even put coloured lights on it. Estimated build cost less than £450.00

Now all you have to do is build it?

Good Luck

Jef

40203[/snapback]

Thanks for the input & estimate! At least I now know some of the terms to talk a little more sensibly to suppliers.

can you connect a web cam to the area so we can watch the oldies get soaked as they admire the gracious curves of the fountain as the timer runs out?  :w00t:

40260[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Guest IM_Alarms

Hows this for another approach, something to consider. I had to use ultrasonic devices on a loading process once which filled an industrial skip up to a certain level then moved the equipment on to another skip to fill. The ultrasonic devices were the same as the ones used by Mercedes in their parking and cruise control system. They are programmable to do different things at different points. I am thinking that it may be possible to mount ONE looking along the path and trigger different events at different points. This may work out easier than six pairs of beams?......... just a thought :yes:

You could rob the bits from a local garages automatic car wash.

In fact you could make the foutain path a into a mini car wash for wheel chairs.

Put red and green stop/go lights with a floor bar sensor so when the wheels hit it the lights go red. A little key pad at the start, so the user can selct the fountain programme and wether they want an underside wash and blow dry.

Dont forget to put the sign up to remind them to remove aerials though. Dont put yourself in a liable position.

Archived