Security Installer Community

Texecom Elite 88 Expander Errors

Not wishing to get into the debate but

'Proper' gear needs to comply with the product standard (not the install) and part of that is testing the battery OK

Most if not all panel will dip the supply and measure the voltage as a means to do this check.

ie

Clause 4.2.2 – Monitoring of PS type C The “low voltage storage device” signal shall be generated within 10s of the SD voltage falling below the threshold defined by the PS manufacturer. This is effectively a Battery Change Required signal or message

also all the 12v peripherals should be able (if compliant) to handle this ripple voltage.

I dont know texecom gear well or at all and not sure if the network errors are a log tool or just log 'noise'.

Either way it shouldnt cause a problem in normal operation. If it is causing a problem (other than a disganostic log) then something is wrong.

• Upvote 3

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

21 hours ago, al-yeti said:

So all this means when you get a new alarm panel and you say it will be the same as the last one , you will be in the same boat ? 

Problem unresolved?

You bought from eBay ?

No I did not buy from ebay ?

I have shipped original panel back to company and got a full refund

I have spoken to another company they say they get there stock from Texecom every three weeks 

I have now purchased from them a new panel (Premier elite 88) with latest firmware

Lets wait and see if this panel performs any different 

16 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

For someone with all the kit and knowledge you seem to assume a lot, instead of diagnosing it.

We may as well speak into the void at this point.

Your repeating the same thing and clearly not reading or taking in what people are saying, your the one with the issue and looking for help...

Not at all ! I do struggle a little when your making accusations that are clearly not true?

I do not assume anything, everything in my working life is a process of elimination when problem solving,

I have eliminated everything with this alarm panel and the problem in hand and shipped it back to the supplier

I have be appreciative of peoples feedback, but do no appreciate rude people or arrogance,  I'm an embedded engineer and apply logic and common sense, 

I have listened and performed every test suggested along with many of my own and come to the conclusion the panel is generating the dip in the 12V every 30 seconds

I am now at the stage that I would like to compare a brand new panel and see if I get the same results

Once again thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to give their input and feedback without being rude ?

17 minutes ago, JOHNNYH said:

No I did not buy from ebay ?

I have shipped original panel back to company and got a full refund

I have spoken to another company they say they get there stock from Texecom every three weeks 

I have now purchased from them a new panel (Premier elite 88) with latest firmware

Lets wait and see if this panel performs any different 

You need ? they all do a battery test, forget it man just install it and move on with life lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Not wishing to get into the debate but

'Proper' gear needs to comply with the product standard (not the install) and part of that is testing the battery OK

Most if not all panel will dip the supply and measure the voltage as a means to do this check.

ie

also all the 12v peripherals should be able (if compliant) to handle this ripple voltage.

I dont know texecom gear well or at all and not sure if the network errors are a log tool or just log 'noise'.

Either way it shouldnt cause a problem in normal operation. If it is causing a problem (other than a disganostic log) then something is wrong.

Thank you

at last the first person on this site to actually know what I'm experiencing, this is exactly what I have researched over the last week!

though I'm not sure dipping the 12V for 50ms is the best practice ?

If this is by design I will see the same results on the new panel 

At least someone is in tune with the performance I am seeing on the elite 88 panel

thank you