Security Installer Community

What is "bells rearm" ?

franksm

No joy, I'm afraid. Set the alarm, leave it 5 mins, open the door, alarm goes off, close door, leave 5 mins, open door, nothing happens - no alarm.

Windows have the same sensors (shock sensor + magnetic sensor) yet work fine. It's just sensors that are set up as "night" circuits - ie. instantanous-trigger that only seem to trigger once, all the rest keep triggering (although the external bellbox only triggers once)

Windows have the same sensors (shock sensor + magnetic sensor) yet work fine.

How have you got the sensors wired? eg are shock and contact on same zone?

And do the Shock sensors latch? :unsure:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Yeah, on the same zone, wired in series. Is that a bad thing ? I have Viper GL shock sensors and there is a version that has a built-in magnetic contact, so that would be on the same cable/same zone too. The house was prewired with one cable to each door/window.

Don't know if the sensors are latched - whatever the default config is for the Viper GL. The shock sensors will keep triggering when banged, whether the system is armed or not (they have a built-in LED to show this condition).

Dave, I normally just type the code in and walk away - it then counts down on "full arm" which I take is the same as "0".

I'm in Dublin/Ireland - the unit was bought a while ago so is certainly out of warranty. The supplied (JFS) don't list Menvier panels in their catalog anymore... Might see what Menvier/Cooper can do for me, perhaps they will send a replacement chip or have seen the problem before.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll have to ditch this and put another panel in... which means I'll try something different. Pity, the Menvier system looks really good. I see that http://www.buy-electrical.co.uk/ do Texecom Premier panels...

Archived