Security Installer Community

What is "bells rearm" ?

franksm

If you read the instructions on the viper, you should see that theres a terminal marked SET, this should be connected to an output on the panel programmed for system set, what we call in the trade open/close, this then controls the led on the viper so that should the viper activate, the led is disabled until the alarm is unset, when it begins to flash.

The original thinking behind this was that many vipers could be connected on the same circuit, and the one causing the alarm could be identified when the customer/engineer attended the premises without have to dismantle half the system.

There are also switches or jumpers on the viper depending on what model you have determining led indication and numbers of knocks required to alarm

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

I still think we are all digressing - maybe he should ring menvier tommorow, speak to Darren Cooper in tech support.

I still think its a fault with the version of the panel or the particular end station he has there, I have these panels out and havent come accross this before.

Yeah, I don't think it's a sensor problem as even just depending on (dumb) magnetic open/close sensors still causes the problem.

Any help you can give me with Menvier would be great, as I am starting off from scratch with them and they may not be so disposed to deal with someone who hasn't been on their training courses etc.

Is there an email address for their tech support or Darren Cooper ?

Menvier doesnt have a registered installer scheme and ive never been asked who i am when i speak to them

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

• 10 months later...
Guest bert racoon

hello

the bells ream is nothing to worry about !

Its because you have a dd243 system when the bell time has finished eg 1 min or 15 mins the log just stores that the bell has stopped with the message bells rearm in the log

The manual has not be updated thats all !!!

bells rearm is nothing to worry about !

Because you have DD243 software in the panel the event log stores when the bell stops !

If you set the bell time to 15 mins or 5 mins is would do the same !

It just stores it in the event log

The manaul hasen't been updates thats all !

sorry everyone only scan read this topic so no body jump up and down if i have missed something

if you have got multiple devices on one zone, franksm how have you wired them ? paralell or seris and how are the contacts wired in the vipers , just a thought but if wired wrong you would need to open more than one device to generate an alarm condition

if every thing is wired correctley iam stumped and will have to agree with an eeprom error

Archived