Security Installer Community

What is "bells rearm" ?

franksm

Guest IM_Alarms

You said that the attributes of some of the zones were ''reset''.............. why?

This would cause the system to reset after activation and would leave it open as you explain. Wouldn't it?

You said that the attributes of some of the zones were ''reset''.............. why?

This would cause the system to reset after activation and would leave it open as you explain. Wouldn't it?

The "Reset" attribute is normally assigned to a circuit that is connected to a vibration or smoke detector, so that during the

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest IM_Alarms

If you are only sending the signalling to yourself then you can set the system to confirm after entry. If the signal was going to a central station then this wouldn't be possible without prox setting, but as you're the receiver then why not. (does the SD1+ have confirmed signalling? I haven't done one since they added the +)

When you tested it you triggered the entry circuit first, which set the alarm off, then without confirm after entry the further activations are being ignored. So either turn confirmation off and use the system as conventional bells (with sd1+ tagged on) or if you can signal confirmed to yourself then add the confirmed after entry which will send confirmed signal after two further activations off the entry route. :yes:

If you are only sending the signalling to yourself then you can set the system to confirm after entry. If the signal was going to a central station then this wouldn't be possible without prox setting, but as you're the receiver then why not. (does the SD1+ have confirmed signalling? I haven't done one since they added the +)

When you tested it you triggered the entry circuit first, which set the alarm off, then without confirm after entry the further activations are being ignored. So either turn confirmation off and use the system as conventional bells (with sd1+ tagged on) or if you can signal confirmed to yourself then add the confirmed after entry which will send confirmed signal after two further activations off the entry route. :yes:

35624[/snapback]

The confirmd is only relating to confirmed signalling - the alarm should still go into full alarm with a second activation regardless of the above setting.

Just did a soft-reset of the unit (ie. power and battery off, leave for a few mins, then bring it back online) so it still has my config minus the correct time/date.

Still the same symptoms, I'm afraid.

I changed the config of the patio doors to be "Night" instead of "Final Exit" (thereby losing the delay between detection and triggering) - just to keep things simple.

Here's what I have noticed:

If a "night" circuit (eg. window) is the first to trigger, external and internal (keypad) bells ring. If a "final exit" (front door) is next to trigger, the external and internal bells ring. A subsequent trigger of a "final exit" does *nothing* - no trigger, no sounder. "Night" circuits will continue to trigger, but only the internal sounder, not the external sounder. Strobe is flashing ever since the first trigger.

If a "final exit" is the first to trigger, external and internal bells ring. Subsequent triggers of a "final exit" do nothing, no internal or external sounders. However, "night" circuits will still trigger - albeit only the internal sounder, not the external one. Strobe is flashing ever since the first trigger.

Does that give any clues ? That the "final exit" only triggers once, and that the other sensors fo trigger but only the internal sounder (unless they are the first to trigger) ?

Try the full reset back to factory settings - and re-input your basic settings and try again - on the facory shipped settings the system will fully re-arm for three times and then lock the zone out thats triggering it.

If the system re-arms as your doing it and the zone itself is still open when the system re-arms it will NOT REARM THAT ZONE - the zone must be clear for the system to rearm it or it will lock that zone out regardless of your settings.

Alrighty - just put it back to factory defaults, and then set up some basic config (basically set #1 to be the PA, #2 to Final Exit, and the rest as Night circuits, set bell duration to 1 minute - no other changes).

System still performs the same way: Final Exit triggers once only; other circuits thereafter trigger internal sounder only while the one Final Exit trigger does not trigger any longer...

I'm stumped... :( You did say v5.4 was the "good version", right ?

Maybe 20 secs, no more than that.

But after setting off other sensors, the second go was made at the exit door maybe 5 mins after the first trigger.

If I have two Exits set up, I can trigger either one (as a first trigger) and then go to the second and open that without it triggering

Archived