Security Installer Community

What is "bells rearm" ?

franksm

I still think the panel has a glitch, but just wondering do any other installers have an opinion on this - Im worried now as I have a few of these out on that version and havent had this problem, but I need to be extra vigilant if this is going to be the case.

Plus my dialler only goes off on the first activation of the door - it's as if the system isn't properly re-arming itself. I never ever see that event "system rearmed" in the eventlog. That's what we should expect to see, isn't it ?

35686[/snapback]

Yes system re-armed should appear - yes.

Your getting bells - rearm, which IS NOT THE SAME.

As Colin says it does sound like a confirmed setting especially by his description, but Im not sure as I havent come accross this type of thing causing a prob, so as stated anyone else have any ideas??

originally I had two "final exits" set up - ie. front door and back door. If the front door was the first to trigger, I found that I could open the back door (ie. any other "final exit") and not trigger the system.
Thats what the attributes will do that you have programmed. You can only have one final exit, otherwise opening either will start the entry timer, and alarm on expiry of the timer and the other wont do anything.
The other half of the problem is that the external bells only sound for the first trigger. For those thereafter, only the internal bells sound.

When the panel rearms it only has local sounders to prevent nuisance alarms, ie prevents the EHO forcing entry.

It isolates the source of the first activation regardless of whether its is clear or not.

you also say that you have no internal sounders-- do you have speakers fitted or are you just using the speaker on the keypad?

If you are relying on the keypad, then you should be aware that full alarms are only generated on the speaker output and if you have a speaker fitted have turned the volume off?

If it helps at all, my chip ID is as follows:

(76024)

TS690/900

v5.4.05

39FA5F

If you have someone you know in Menvier, maybe you can ping them ? I'll do the same but am practically starting off from scratch with them if you know what I mean.

Oh dear, I need to check my facts LOL

I thought with menvier the whole idea of having number of re-arms set to say 3 for instance meant the system would re-arm a zone up to 3 times before lock out? - so this would prevent the nuiscence factor as you could set this figure lower!

What your saying is we now cant even control the number of re-arms on a non-sig system???

I know bell time is 20 mins max but re-arm is no-longer allowed on external bells??

Help Colin Im confused :(

If it helps at all, my chip ID is as follows:

(76024)

TS790/900

v5.4.05

39FA5F

If you have someone you know in Menvier, maybe you can ping them ? I'll do the same but am practically starting off from scratch with them if you know what I mean.

35691[/snapback]

So its a 790 - not a 690 like you told us??????? :w00t:

LOL - just seen you edit your post :lol::P

Archived