Security Installer Community

ADEMCO MICROTECH GALAXY 8 PLUS CP171

Hi

Ive been living in a property since 2010 which has the above alarm system installed.

All the houses on the estate (buit 2000) where fitted with this system and an ADT siren/monitoring service from new.

At some point before we purchased the property the monitoring service was cancelled and a different bell box fitted.

Even though over the last few years the display on the key pad has dissapeared we where still able to arm / disarm the system, and have had no false triggers.

After a recent 5 min powercut however the system will no longer arm. we have had a series of powercuts over a few years and the alarm has always worked afterwards,

however after this latest powercut the keypad is still illuminated in green and the buttons make a weak beep when depressed but no arming of the system is possible.

I've checked the 12v battery in the main control box and it has very low voltage.

I appreciate that this is a very old system but we may be selling soon and I'm trying to keep costs down.

My Question is:

If I purchase a new 12v back up battery will this resolve the issue ?

Is there a later system that is compatible with the existing PIRs etc?

Many Thanks in advance 

Col