Security Installer Community

Guardall Balmoral 5 installers manual

GUYT1

That said that Vauxhall is probably a classic now according to Bangers and Cash.  

Its a bit different with electronics though, back when the Guardall panel was new everyone had TV's with CRT tubes, and incandescent light bulbs, I cant see those becoming classics anytime soon 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

That said that Vauxhall is probably a classic now according to Bangers and Cash.  

Its a bit different with electronics though, back when the Guardall panel was new everyone had TV's with CRT tubes, and incandescent light bulbs, I cant see those becoming classics anytime soon 

looking on ebay there 2 options 

Lotus Carlton 90k

or 2.0 CDX 3k,which would have been 2/3's or 1/4 of price of the average owners house ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• 2 months later...

any suggestions for a more modern Guardall Balmoral 5 replacement?  Rough spec - work with 4 existing wired detectors (with the typical 2 resistive states, I know they're pretty common I replaced one a few years back with a newer model), and entrance keypad -  like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155675281609?itmmeta=01HV4JYQMD4RVSTT8M3ZDSA709&hash=item243ef848c9:g:RboAAOSwwItkt8O7&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0AkKJK%2BpbAc7wa7SYZWtsI7I6bOhydC19uxloj1V1vkwvWur9gS5vgi3Osfpq5ilrLVCAxVYLb%2Bg3rHtL%2BQA5DaQvQJiIVAXIJHI%2FSpGEDCGchDYstUmQbcVgS4vdGzrn0dP%2Be7E9QzNq%2FP4Tst%2FDF026Z62cN2%2BPJ6KSX0BXS1AAlgJuGqZ5APvEpaSWSIFrTfu%2BhQLHzW%2FPXIdWuetXImSubbH%2B5ExxUqfUv%2Fs0KjtRL%2BsIwfANzN0WHiqrY2%2Fi1wouSTJLQkEjwugw81RS5I%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR576-pLZYw  becoming quite valuable I see...       with RJ45 ie. internet connectivity to send states to a designated website ???

Ideas?

Regards and thanks for all help on this one!

• james.wilson changed the title to Guardall Balmoral 5 installers manual
3 minutes ago, GUYT1 said:

any suggestions for a more modern Guardall Balmoral 5 replacement?  Rough spec - work with 4 existing wired detectors (with the typical 2 resistive states, I know they're pretty common I replaced one a few years back with a newer model), and entrance keypad -  like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155675281609?itmmeta=01HV4JYQMD4RVSTT8M3ZDSA709&hash=item243ef848c9:g:RboAAOSwwItkt8O7&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0AkKJK%2BpbAc7wa7SYZWtsI7I6bOhydC19uxloj1V1vkwvWur9gS5vgi3Osfpq5ilrLVCAxVYLb%2Bg3rHtL%2BQA5DaQvQJiIVAXIJHI%2FSpGEDCGchDYstUmQbcVgS4vdGzrn0dP%2Be7E9QzNq%2FP4Tst%2FDF026Z62cN2%2BPJ6KSX0BXS1AAlgJuGqZ5APvEpaSWSIFrTfu%2BhQLHzW%2FPXIdWuetXImSubbH%2B5ExxUqfUv%2Fs0KjtRL%2BsIwfANzN0WHiqrY2%2Fi1wouSTJLQkEjwugw81RS5I%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR576-pLZYw  becoming quite valuable I see...       with RJ45 ie. internet connectivity to send states to a designated website ???

Ideas?

Regards and thanks for all help on this one!

I think sometimes people try their luck with Ebay I can see anyone paying that sort of money for one when you can buy a new panel and keypad for a little more. 

I cant recommend a panel as the ones we install are not really diy, but plenty of people seem to like Scantronic ION and its a brand that bin around for years   

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I think sometimes people try their luck with Ebay I can see anyone paying that sort of money for one when you can buy a new panel and keypad for a little more. 

I cant recommend a panel as the ones we install are not really diy, but plenty of people seem to like Scantronic ION and its a brand that bin around for years   

yes, I know... terrible the prices some people try on, in eBay.   No, I don't need the panel - I am looking for a replacement to the Guardall  Balmoral 5 that will work with just 4 existing wired detectors and the control panel mentioned above.  I feel sure that it must exist, just need to find it...!

1 hour ago, GUYT1 said:

becoming quite valuable I see...

the current offer from the Domino's is £12 for a large pizza... your "3 pizza keypad "is probably the same £ including vat as it was sold for 20 - 30 years ago when it was brand new & had a manufacturers warranty.

Factor in inflation & even though it was probably nicked form work its been a less than Stella investment...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God