Security Installer Community

Galaxy FX100+ Prox Fob Setup

Grego

I have successfully installed my FX100+ system, and have a Mk7 prox pad which I'd like to use with fobs.

I have read the manual and am a little bit confused on the setup. Here's what the setup looks like in the RSS software.

KeyFob-Setup.thumb.PNG.26935895823bb42012741bc7ed4756bf.PNG

I am a little unsure on a few areas.

• Under access control, which Menu Option would I choose?
  • In the manual entry (below) it appears to say that when a user is using a fob they shouldn't have a PIN?
  • I am unsure if I have placed the fob tag number in the correct location?

KeyFob-Manual.thumb.png.05a9182c3c12f282c3b35cceb805fc51.png

Here's the fob I am trying to get working...

20231111_115441.thumb.jpg.f42c0e45b7ffb29d7f82eb815f5a2326.jpg

As this is my first fob setup I have no doubt I am missing something simple. Appreciate any feedback.

All looks fine. For ungraded domestic use you can have a pin or fob. When setting you need to keep the fob to the prox reader until the countdown starts. There's a natural reaction to pull away on the first beep.

You've compromised your system security by showing the fob code online, as someone could program another fob with the same code. They would need to associate your TSI account with you in real life though 🙂

On 11/11/2023 at 18:22, GalaxyGuy said:

All looks fine. For ungraded domestic use you can have a pin or fob. When setting you need to keep the fob to the prox reader until the countdown starts. There's a natural reaction to pull away on the first beep.

You've compromised your system security by showing the fob code online, as someone could program another fob with the same code. They would need to associate your TSI account with you in real life though 🙂

Thanks, much appreciated. Re compromised fob, I was given a bunch of fob's by an awesome bloke... so I can always program another one 😉

On 12/11/2023 at 00:04, al-yeti said:

You could just apply and setup the prox tag via keypad then read via RSS and look how it looks if your unsure 

Thank you. Yes, I had looked at that. I am one of those people that has a keypad phobia and feels more at home with the GUI. Sad I know 🤣

But I will give the keypad a go and see what happens.