Security Installer Community

What does a speaker output do?

Hoping I can get some help from the experts here. Much appreciated in advance!

So... I am setting up a DIY alarm system using the kit from Konnected.io ( https://konnected.io ). I am all set on how everything works, except getting a little stuck on something regarding sirens. I'm going for a Pyronix Deltabell E for my external siren. And internally, I'm a little confused on something, hoping to get some advice.

I'm looking at the Pyronix Twin Alert sounder ( https://www.pyronix.com/uk/products/twin-alert-internal-sounder ) for an internal siren. I understand that the bell input of this works like a usual siren where bringing the input low makes the siren fire. But I'm confused by the "speaker" in this. How is that input meant to work? Is it literally like a normal speaker where it expects an analogue signal?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!

yes most panels have a speaker output for alert, setting unsetting, chime tones etc.

Some panels this is a switched output like a bell on others its a speaker output usually for a 16 Ohm load

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yep, aware of what Konnected.io is and isn't. Thanks for the heads up though - people seeing this post might not be aware. It's very DIY for sure.

What I was hoping for, is that the speaker input could be used for me to trigger a lower volume buzz than the main siren. So I could use it to buzz when the alarm is arming on exit and needs dis-arming on entry. If I can't use it, it's not a massive deal as I have another option.

6 minutes ago, mattjgalloway said:

What I was hoping for, is that the speaker input could be used for me to trigger a lower volume buzz than the main siren. So I could use it to buzz when the alarm is arming on exit and needs dis-arming on entry. If I can't use it, it's not a massive deal as I have another option.

I assume you want a mach II driven sounder thingy with a pot to adjust the volume, but like many things the out the ordinary just it made no more ? 

6 minutes ago, mattjgalloway said:

Yep, aware of what Konnected.io is and isn't. Thanks for the heads up though - people seeing this post might not be aware. It's very DIY for sure.

it look like utter kack ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

5 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I see the benefit of connecting the to home assistant or mqtt etc but use a proper panel that can do that rather than bolt on a bodge

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

it look like utter kack ?

I can understand these view points for sure! I'm ok with setting up the software side of this though. And worse case, I will have all the wired up sensors and sirens that I could go for a "proper" alarm panel anyway if I wanted later.

Also - I've not seen any panels that really do hook up to home automation systems in a good way yet. Happy to be corrected if you know of any though.

29 minutes ago, mattjgalloway said:

Also - I've not seen any panels that really do hook up to home automation systems in a good way yet. Happy to be corrected if you know of any though.

Anything with relay outputs would drive your "thing"

Proper stuff will work with control 4, but the dealers charge like a wounded rhino

I assume your thing, outputs 12v dc for the speaker, I assume this is driven speaker-

https://cqr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Internal-Sounders-Soint2-and-HILO.pdf

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God