Security Installer Community

Solid State Smoke/Fog

Hi forum, I have worked with liquid smoke solutions in the past like SmokeCloak but I have recently come across solid state security smoke solutions on Ebay.

I asked the seller for the safety data sheets but they claim they import them from China and don’t have any data.

Does anyone have any experience with solid state smoke? Are they legal in the UK?

The only solid state smoke ive come across is when you accidently put the wrong voltage in something. This generally lets the smoke out of it. Ive found that its the smoke that makes electronic stuff work, because once you have let all the smoke out of a component it never works again. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kaizen Security said:

I asked the seller for the safety data sheets but they claim they import them from China and don’t have any data.

Does anyone have any experience with solid state smoke? Are they legal in the UK?

probably not, plus id check with your insurer to see if your covered to install chinise made bombs in customers sites that dont have any uk based safty certs!!

• Like 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 22/09/2023 at 18:59, james.wilson said:

probably not, plus id check with your insurer to see if your covered to install chinise made bombs in customers sites that dont have any uk based safty certs!!

Of course I would never install anything that did not have the required certs. I have just never come across pyro fog being implemented like this before.

Are you aware of any manufactures of pyro fog that are approved for use in the UK?

No and it's a issue I hear I bsia meetings. The lad from smoke screen is very active in Europe regs wise from what I hear it won't be long till they are banned throughout Europe.

But ask Carl I don't engage in any of that as I don't have anything useful input wise

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.