Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

Have completed all the wiring and programming following the Galaxy Flex Installer Manual. All rio's and zones appear to be working.

Did a full set test, which seemed to work ok. Upon reentering the home and doing an unset the following message came up on the keypad...

Omit-Message.jpg.27343a4be9eb8672a7770d08fc7594c5.jpg

Not sure if that is an issue? Was surprised to see the message? Pressed esc to get back to the standard banner.

Also wanted to ask... is there any suggestions on doing a realistic intruder test (opening a door that is set as intruder) to see if the alarm activates? I want to try and do a test without the external siren/bell going off (neighbours might not like it). Mind you, I am thinking I do want to be sure the bell and strobe actually work.

Edited by Grego

18 hours ago, james.wilson said:

That's a walk test but you do need to test it and fire the external, signalling etc

Did a walk test, and a full set test, and the external siren/strobe didn't fire? So I figure there's something I need to turn on for the opt ports to work?

Turns out I had the Program Outputs Polarity (53.3) the wrong way around, it needed positive polarity and not negative. I also set Mode 53.2 to LATCH, which I assume is the default setting. So the siren appears to be working, both in bell test and a full set test.

I am planning on replacing the external siren/strobe... so perhaps the professionals on here could recommend a suitable domestic siren/strobe.

1 hour ago, Grego said:

Turns out I had the Program Outputs Polarity (53.3) the wrong way around, it needed positive polarity and not negative. I also set Mode 53.2 to LATCH, which I assume is the default setting. So the siren appears to be working, both in bell test and a full set test.

I am planning on replacing the external siren/strobe... so perhaps the professionals on here could recommend a suitable domestic siren/strobe.

Which ones are available out there ?