Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer suddenly stops "alarming"

Bad-Yeti

As a favour to one of my customers (as i'm not an alarm installer but an IT Ubiquiti engineer) I installed a Pyronix Enforcer for him. It was simple enough, 2 door sensors Wireless, 4 roller shutter Wireless, a Master blaster siren on the bell output wired to bell and com, a flasher unit wired to strobe and com.

Everything worked great.

Yesterday I added a wired door sensor with a 25 meter cable run, wired it up to Z34 and com, it worked fine.

However the sirens and strobe stopped outputting.

During tests even the standard wireless outdoor siren won't sound.

Any ideas please, i'm at the end of my tether with this.

Thank you

38 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

there's ya problem....

I'd assume the fuse on the I/O is unmonitored ?

you checked it ??

You're not wrong there.

I'm not sure what you mean about the I/O being unmonitored, could you elaborate please?

One thing that struck me as odd was that everything was great until I added that sensor, then no other I/O things work, but if I disconnect the sensor they ( siren and strobe) still don't work, I thought that i'd overstressed something and blown a fuse but they are fine.

1 hour ago, Bad-Yeti said:

You're not wrong there.

1 hour ago, Bad-Yeti said:

I'm not sure what you mean about the I/O being unmonitored, could you elaborate please?

There are not many installers here that trust Pyronix to prop a door open so lots of us wont know if the fuses are monitored integral or glass. 

I assume that it the fuses were glass its the first thing you would have checked. By your answer we can assume that the fuses are not monitored.

If its an integral fuse then you need to down power the system mains and battery so that the fuse can reset.

Other than that who knows? Wiring into the zone circuit should not effect the output circuits.

The next place to start is to disconnect all the sounders test them individually and then add them back on to the panel and test them.  

Thank you for the information, yes the fuses are glass and are fine.  I will try the hard reset.
I have been going through the manual though and i'm starting the think that the supplier gave me the wrong information.
The siren and strobe are fine, however the supplier told me to take a wire from siren and from Com to the siren unit to activate it. 
Looking around would I be correct that this is wrong and that the siren should have a relay with  a 12v+ and a negative and the siren out of the I/O is the switch?

53 minutes ago, Bad-Yeti said:

I have been going through the manual though and i'm starting the think that the supplier gave me the wrong information.

They normally sell stuff rather than have any idea to fit stuff

The common is a - for all stuff on the pc 

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God