Security Installer Community

Hard Wired Pyronix Deltabell Not Working??

Hi, 

I've just hard wired a Pyronix DeltaBell (with backlight) to a Pyronix enforcer panel, but it's not working. It was previously working fine with the same panel at another location. This time, I have not wired the tamper circuit (I removed the switch), as it's up high and the fitting surface is not particularly great. I did a reset on the panel, so the Z33 for the tamper is not active. Endstation ouput/bell output is set to 014 / Siren Any.

I've only fitted 3 wires as follows:

STB on siren to STB on the panel

Bell on the siren to Bell on the panel

12V+ on the siren to +12v on the panel

When the alarm is triggered, the internal siren works fine, the outside siren does not. I don't think the comfort lights are active either?

On the siren, the battery is enabled (J8 jumper is connecting pins 1+2) on INT and the sounder cable is fitted correctly. 

Am I being a total n*b, what have I done wrong here?

Thanks

Rob. 

4 minutes ago, garnayrob said:

Hi, 

I've just hard wired a Pyronix DeltaBell (with backlight) to a Pyronix enforcer panel, but it's not working. It was previously working fine with the same panel at another location. This time, I have not wired the tamper circuit (I removed the switch), as it's up high and the fitting surface is not particularly great. I did a reset on the panel, so the Z33 for the tamper is not active. Endstation ouput/bell output is set to 014 / Siren Any.

I've only fitted 3 wires as follows:

STB on siren to STB on the panel

Bell on the siren to Bell on the panel

12V+ on the siren to +12v on the panel

When the alarm is triggered, the internal siren works fine, the outside siren does not. I don't think the comfort lights are active either?

On the siren, the battery is enabled (J8 jumper is connecting pins 1+2) on INT and the sounder cable is fitted correctly. 

Am I being a total n*b, what have I done wrong here?

Thanks

Rob. 

What about the negative ? You still need it 

Just now, al-yeti said:

What about the negative ? You still need it 

Minimum you need is the 

Neg -ve

Pos +12v

- bell trigger 

And have the bell set to SCB mode , and make sure the bell tamper is correctly removed , I think you need the switch though for bell to work