Security Installer Community

Securing alarm cable to UPVC window?

Guest rafal

You can find the mini trunking here. They do a few sizes.

34840[/snapback]

When using this trunking - use some 'vanish' on it.

Seriously, when I say vanish, I mean mastic/silicon when on PVC and decorators caulk when on masonary/wood. It takes the shadow away, hides the unevenness of the walls, and also gives the trunking a little more 'grab', as the adhesive does seem to give up after a while.

If you put trunking on a wall/wood - don't be lazy - stick some screws in aswell.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

You can get a single cable type trunking that is only just big enough to sqeeze a single 6 or 8 core in, i am assuming the chaps are talking about this. It doesnt look like trunking till you have a cable in it, if that makes sense?

Im just not sure about the physical size of it but im sure its self adhesive also.

34823[/snapback]

That's exactly what I meant. ;)

I think it's called 'blazeaway'. It only fits one cable in it and has no lid, but it is self ashesive.

If you don't know......ask.

That's exactly what I meant. ;)

I think it's called 'blazeaway'. It only fits one cable in it and has no lid, but it is self ashesive.

34851[/snapback]

I getcha ;) I think I've seen this before. I was thinking of the 2 piece extremely mini trunking. Amazing what you learn around here!

Guest IM_Alarms

Ditto.

I've used two part micro trunking before, but first i've heard of one part ! sound like a good idea.

It's all good advice on here you know! :yes:

Thanks for the link guy's, been trying to get this stuff for ages, as our local suppliers stopped doing it a while ago. We always knew it as "Rapid" S/A mini trunking & it came as a tube with about 100 2 metre lenghts.

Lectrician's right about the silicone / caulk comment, which (with a damp cloth) also hides any cables stapled in the grooves of skirting when there's no other option for running / hiding a cable. :yes:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Glue gun. Its the cable fixing daddy.

Agree too, but I wish I'd taken a photo of a trainee on a firm I used to work for trying to use this on a UPVC door and getting hot snot all over the place :w00t:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Glue gun. Its the cable fixing daddy.

34879[/snapback]

:no: :no: :no:

I don't like to 'see' any cables. Use a bit of single cable trunking and if it's lidless, seal with a bit of filler. that way the cables has a bit of protection (at the sides) and will look exactly the same if the cable ever needs replacing.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived