Security Installer Community

Streaming CCTV video over LAN/Ethernet problems - "Authentication Error"

Update.... our fibre broadband has now been upgraded and the primary router is now an Eero as I mentioned was due to take place in the original post; the gateway for this is now 192.168.4.1 and so all devices connected on the network have to be assigned IP addresses within the 192.168.4.x range and not the 192.168.1.x range as previously. Due to this change I have had to alter the settings in the secondary router as it wasn't being recognised - I did connect it directly to the main PC (having disconnected from the rest of the network) and tried logging in to it's set address of 192.168.1.50 but oddly it didn't work so I had to perform a hard reset; after the hard reset I could log in by navigating to 192.168.1.1 and from there I went through the settings and reassigned it a new IP address to be within the range of the Eero..... now whether I have inadvertently changed a setting within the secondary router during this reset process or the Eero has different settings regarding NAT passthroughs I'm not sure, but the end result is that the live stream from my remote DVR now works properly and images can be viewed across the network...... I've yet to try to 2-cam encoder board though.

16 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Can you not extend the eero and scrap the dodgy 2nd router? 

it seems to be working now... the wifi coverage of the Eero cuts out just before the outbuildings, which is where the 2nd router kicks in

1 hour ago, Nelboy said:

it seems to be working now... the wifi coverage of the Eero cuts out just before the outbuildings, which is where the 2nd router kicks in

So you moved the router ?

yeah it seems like out of the two possible outcomes from changing to an Eero, connections being better or worse, thankfully it has worked out better than previously. The DVR is by Dynamic CCTV (EZHD series) which has been discontinued for a while, but the manual makes reference to software called "DVR Remote" to view live and previously recorded images on a networked PC... obviously that program name is incredibly generic so doing a google search doesn't really bring anything up. I tried FTP'ing to the DVR using the default admin login but the connection was refused - the thought being that maybe the 'DVR Remote' software is stored on the device; dunno whether it's possible to Telnet into it or not. For the time being though I can view images on the connected screen in my outbuilding and then transfer any video onto USB stick - which I've already had to do as my neighbour decided he didn't like me marking the property boundary so poured a load of concrete over it.

The Eero is located in the same place that the old router was btw.

Edited by Nelboy

Or update it to something fit for the job. 

I'm all in favour of keeping kit going but it reaches a point it isn't best for anybody. It isn't a classic car. 

The blackberry and Windows Phone forums must be awash with how the gear isn't working correctly anymore

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

well as I say, it's only for a couple months. It's already caught my neighbour pouring concrete onto my property and leaning paving slabs up on my fence. I'm looking to upgrade the main system to something which uses AHD/TVI/CVI inputs as I've got a few Concept Pro cams which are fairly decent even in backward compatiability CVBS mode, and if I can get a decent system which would also allow for IP cameras then I could get a cheap one off ebay and plug it into my expansion router.... but that's for a different thread