Security Installer Community

Risco LightSYS2 Alarm: Lost Door Connector Issue

John L

Hi,

Hoping someone can help and point me in the right direction.

REF: Risco LightSYS2 Alarm: Lost Door Connector Issue

Whilst wiping and cleaning the area around a garage door that has a Door Connector, it set the Tamper Alarm off.

I managed to get into Engineer code and once in there and in coming out of the menu.....the tamper symbol was resolved and no longer showed, I could then set the alarm once more.

However, later that evening in trying to set either partial or full alarm, the message 'LOST Door Connector' for garage message comes up and I can't set the alarm. The only way I can set the alarm is to OMIT the Garage Door Connector. Which then allows me to set the alarm.

Any ideas please on how I can resolve the LOST DC message issue???

I have both Grandmaster and Engineer code login.

Any help and direction would really be appreciated as it's driving me crazy ? - thank you all.

Regards

John L

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

Lol - nah I was just wiping the cob webs off around and in-between the two door connectors. Your so right about them going loopy so I'll check as you suggested, cheers.

Do you the best and most straightforward way (route on key pad) to disarm the door connector tamper temporary whilst I look at and open to check the battery is in place etc?

John

Edited by John L
Add more info

Risco devices don't appear to transmit a tamper restore until the 12hr circuit transmits an open signal, if door/ window has not been opened since the tamper event it remain in tamper even if the 2 tamper switches are closed.

Once your lightsys, prosys or agility ect.. starts misbehaving they never appear to be anything but trouble no matter howmuch time is spent fighting....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God