Security Installer Community

Old wickes burglar alarm

I wouldnt be attempting to default its unlikely to be a programing issue. It depends on your interpretation of reset and ours. What lights are on on the panel?

Oh and btw you should be replacing the battery every four years not every ten or fifteen, leaving it that long will definately feck the the charging circuit especially if you are buying your battery from a DIY store thats had them sitting around for years and are not rotating them  

7 hours ago, Tel3 said:

I installed this alarm,28 to 30 yrs ago,,worked perfectly,changed battery a couple of times,but this time,on taking cover off,I inadvertently did not enter code to silence sounder,and proceeded to change battery,and replaced cover,but alarm would not reset.,,,I have noticed on an internet engineers manual for this alarm,Guardall Rascal,,that by putting a link in the ###, on control board,this will put the system back to factory settings,,my question is,,after winding down the system,and putting this link in,,( I have no idea yet,how and where this link is on the board),,would doing this will the system stop sounding and showing alarms,and then allowing me to proceed with set up procedure in manual,,thank you.

I had a thing that i put in 20+ years ago too.

It failed after 10 years i looked after it too honest

Its past it mate get a new one

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, double check the tamper on the inside of the lid, had issues with these where either the spring was non existent and had to pack out the tamper with tape, or the plastic bit on the lid wouldn't reach the spring so had to wedge something between the lid and spring to take away the tamper issue and stopped the panel beeping, just entering the engineer code should silence the panel, although i'm sure it only works before removing the lid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2023 at 13:48, Tel3 said:

I have tried to replace the back up battery,which I have done previously,,,taken off control panel cover,,the sounders worked,,changed battery,,then replaced cover,,tried to reset system but would not reset,,,tried a few times,and removed battery and mains power off and on but will not reset,,checked all wiring inside panel,and nothing out of place,,is there some way of doing a factory reset ,it does not give much info in manual,,thanks

126B4D48-273E-4C89-A94C-9F8478FAD365.thumb.jpeg.f8658ec2b461fd1bf25995ca21c5655d.jpeg

,,thanks for all previous answers and advice.,,,,,,Further to this guardall rascal super alarm,,the manual states that putting a link in ### this will put the alarm to factory settings…looking for ### on the board as shown in engineers manual,were it’s supposed to be, numbered 1 to 6 with no indication a link can be fitted..is there another way to put this to factory settings,,I hate to be beat on this…thanks

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
NO defaulting information

37 minutes ago, Tel3 said:

,,thanks for all previous answers and advice.,,,,,,Further to this guardall rascal super alarm,,the manual states that putting a link in ### this will put the alarm to factory settings…looking for ### on the board as shown in engineers manual,were it’s supposed to be, numbered 1 to 6 with no indication a link can be fitted..is there another way to put this to factory settings,,I hate to be beat on this…thanks

I am not even sure why you came here? you obviously know better than we do. Defaulting the panel back to factory settings will not fix your problem, it will just give you another one,you will need to re-program it. So ill ask one more time what is it that not working on your panel? What lights are on?

33 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I am not even sure why you came here? you obviously know better than we do. Defaulting the panel back to factory settings will not fix your problem, it will just give you another one,you will need to re-program it. So ill ask one more time what is it that not working on your panel? What lights are on?

the lights lit,are 2,4, tamper,,,also the day and mains lights,,,the tamper switch is working on closing box,as I have tried closing without power to panel to check it,,the panel is sounding,and no response when trying to reset,,I enter code,still sounds,I then enter code and #, but panel still keeps sounding and won’t reset,,I’d like to reset it if poss,,so I can try reprogramming it.

Edited by Tel3

Thanks Peter,,yes the panel still sounds..and have tried the factory reset codes and engineer code…but no joy,,like I have said there is a way of going back to factory setting by placing a link in,,but unfortunately on my rascal the link connections are not there.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast